Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 10

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 10

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:02 am

I didn't think they would air this one on Cartoon Network with the rest. Now, I just tuned into Adult Swim and, lo and behold, they did! :shock:

(In case you didn't see it, this episode in particular made the Volume 3 DVD a suggested rating of "16 and Up" instead of the series' usual "13 and Up" rating the first two DVDs had. It was due to the fact that the main plot concerns very distrubing and violent images and concept.)

btw, what did you think of this episode? Did you find the content of this episode changed your mind about GITS: SAC one way or the other?
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:08 am

Is that the one where the women got skinned? That was just sick!
I find this episode a bit more intense than the other episodes I saw (with a lot more cussing). It was a gutsy move Adult Swim did.
ImageImage

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:25 am

Thats ghost in the shell for you: severely fucked up. I really enjoyed that episode cause i really like learning more about Batou's past. it focuses too much on Motoko, though she IS my favorite character. In my character ratings Motoko is 50.75% and Batou is 49.25%. I dont like togusa though, hes only human... :evil: :evil: :x :x

Yukina_Raven
Org Profile

Post by Yukina_Raven » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:21 pm

angelx03 wrote:
Is that the one where the women got skinned? That was just sick!
I find this episode a bit more intense than the other episodes I saw (with a lot more cussing). It was a gutsy move Adult Swim did.
If that's the episode this thread is about.... damn, I didn't blink the entire time! :shock: With the risk of sounding like a sick moron, I think this episode is the best so far. Mainly because it was just so.. intense.

But yeah, that was a really gutsy move on Adult Swim's part.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”