Yaoi-Con AMV Contest Question

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Yaoi-Con AMV Contest Question

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:38 am

I know the AMVs have to be yaoi themed and match the other theme of the convention (making the contest all around a little TOO specific for my tastes). But anyway, do the AMVs have to be from an anime containing Yaoi, or can we make it look like there is a yaoi relationship that doesn't actually exist? :twisted: I just have an evil idea in mind for a quick makeshift AMV.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

anneke
Org Profile

It doesn't even have to be Yaoi

Post by anneke » Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:21 pm

The theme is 'Friendship between boys'. Which could just be the friendship they have working together, etc... But yes, making something appear yaoi when it isn't is always good. There was an AMV last year (one of my favorites), which made the two guys in His and Her Circumstances look very gay.

Anneke

alatri
Org Profile

Re: Yaoi-Con AMV Contest Question

Post by alatri » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:01 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:I know the AMVs have to be yaoi themed
Actually, they don't have to be yaoi themed. :) We know how hard it can be to get a lot of suggestive videos, so we've got an open music video contest that's more geared to showing what we like to see -- the guys in anime. 8)

But yaoi-themed videos will be *greatly* appreciated, and will have the audience loving you dearly. :D
The Wired Knight wrote: and match the other theme of the convention (making the contest all around a little TOO specific for my tastes).
The theme is there in *place* of yaoi-ness -- so that people can get an idea of what the audience will like to see if they don't want to do something specifically yaoi. The theme isn't actually required either (which is stated in the rules). There is a special award for "best matching theme" and it will *not* be given to the "best yaoi video" -- it will be given to the video that matches the theme best.

But if this is getting too confusing and we're getting enough yaoi-ish videos, we might be cutting out the "theme" idea next year. {shrug} It was supposed to help, and if it's not doing that, then it'll go. :?
The Wired Knight wrote: But anyway, do the AMVs have to be from an anime containing Yaoi,
Nope! There aren't a heck of a lot of yaoi vids out there, and we'd *really* be limiting ourselves if we asked for that. ;-p And 'sides, most fanfiction and ideas come out of all the regular shows in the first place. Where would yaoi be without Gundam Wing? ;-) {joking}
The Wired Knight wrote: or can we make it look like there is a yaoi relationship that doesn't actually exist? :twisted: I just have an evil idea in mind for a quick makeshift AMV.
:D Yes! :D We'd love that! Making up things is the funnest part of it all. ;-P

Smiles!
-- Larissa ^..^
Yaoi-Con AMV Coordinator

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:57 pm

Well sadly it doesn't look like I'll have a video together for Yaoi-con this year. The AV cable for my video camera has gone missing and thus I can't get footage on my computer to edit in the first place. It was found and will be mailed to me but I won't have it till the thirteenth of the month at the earliest. If I'm lucky I can crank out that AMV in a week but ith all the college work I doubt I can.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

alatri
Org Profile

Post by alatri » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:31 pm

Eep! I hate missing hardware. Sorry about that! And I was looking forward to seeing your evil idea too. At least you have the idea in mind, though. Next year <grin> and we'll see you at the con!

Smiles,
-- Larissa ^..^

Return to “AMV Contests”