2005 VCA Update: Lots of Disqualifications

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

2005 VCA Update: Lots of Disqualifications

Post by Phade » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:32 pm

Hey All,

We have made a "test run" of who will be disqualified from this year's VCA. So far, the results are frightening:

Potentially Qualified Vids (before disqualifications): 27243
Potentially Qualified Videos (after disqualifications): 1740
Potentially Disqualified Members: 15505
Potentially Disqualified Videos: 25503

As you can see, that is a large number of disqualified videos. Please check all potential disqualifying factors for your videos.

The #1 problem is that members did not check the "all my videos are entered into the catalog" since all indicators have been reset to "no" for members who entered videos in 2004. There are 9023 members with only one problem with their vids that are keeping them from being qualified. The "test run" numbers listed above will be updated periodically on the member main page.

Also, please review all VCA rules. A new rule #2 has been added.

Good luck to all and have fun!

Phade.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:16 pm

Why do you reset that box? It's like asking that anyone who doesn't visit the forum - or keep an eye on the main page for changes in the text there - be automatically disqualified.

It would be simpler if it were automatically set to yes, and those who don't want to take part can change it to no. That would imply you want everyone who isn't disqualified (for real reasons like entry problems, non-anime) to be in the contest.

The way it is now everyone is automatically disqualified. You have to know how to 'enter' if you want in.

/regardless

Since we're going to have few members qualified this year, does that mean we won't need that extra round of voting?

Pyle
Org Profile

Post by Pyle » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:22 pm

Regardless, I'm happy my vids aren't going into the VCA's.

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:37 pm

2. Any video that has participated in any previous AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers Choice Awards contest is not eligable to participate this year.
I'm not sure I understand this, if it has participated before, wouldn't that mean it was made before 2004 and DQed anyway?
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:52 pm

Hey greenjinjo,

There are a very few whose videos participated last year and then had their premiere date switched. Those videos cannot participate in a VCA again.

Phade.

Nitro Sama
Org Profile

Post by Nitro Sama » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:16 pm

Hey, it says that my "Dark Minds" video and my "All Your GTA" video need to be fixed in order for all my potentially disqualifying factors to say no. Why? Dark Minds was made, and uploaded in 2002. And All Your GTA was made, and uploaded in 2003.

I already filed a deletion request on All Your GTA. Dark Minds, I don't think I should, since most of the video is full motion video footage, not footage of me playing the game Twisted Metal Black.
GIANT HALF CHICKEN HALF SQUIRREL!

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:04 pm

Since the list of qualified videos doesnt go up till the 17th, couldn't the deadline to get qualified be extended by a day or 2?

Nitro Sama
Org Profile

Post by Nitro Sama » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:13 pm

Nitro Sama wrote:Hey, it says that my "Dark Minds" video and my "All Your GTA" video need to be fixed in order for all my potentially disqualifying factors to say no. Why? Dark Minds was made, and uploaded in 2002. And All Your GTA was made, and uploaded in 2003.

I already filed a deletion request on All Your GTA. Dark Minds, I don't think I should, since most of the video is full motion video footage, not footage of me playing the game Twisted Metal Black.
To add-on to my question. I understand that both videos are "non-anime" videos, and "non-anime" videos are NOT eligable for the VCAs. However, I still don't see why both videos I mentioned shouldn't even matter in this year's VCAs since they were both made BEFORE 2004. And regarding what I said about Dark Minds, I don't wanna "rebel" or anything, cause I am aware that videos with gameplay footage are NOT allowed on the site. So, since the Dark Minds video has only...about half a minute of gameplay footage, with the rest of the video being FMV, I don't know if it should be counted as a video that should be deleted due to gameplay footage or not.

Thanks.

PS-I'm not here to talk to anyone else, or debate with anyone else. Just wanted to talk to Mr.Phade about this. That is all.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:38 pm

Hey Nitro Sama,

The major motivation behind these restrictions is so that the catalog is clear of crap entries. It forces video creators to properly maintain their information. Junk entries should be removed no matter when they were created. If someone entered seven "Matrix" vids in 2001, those should be removed from the catalog. If a video creator is not willing to properly maintain their entries, I believe that they should not be rewarded by participating in the VCA.

I hope this helps.

Phade.

Nitro Sama
Org Profile

Post by Nitro Sama » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:51 pm

Phade wrote:Hey Nitro Sama,

The major motivation behind these restrictions is so that the catalog is clear of crap entries. It forces video creators to properly maintain their information. Junk entries should be removed no matter when they were created. If someone entered seven "Matrix" vids in 2001, those should be removed from the catalog. If a video creator is not willing to properly maintain their entries, I believe that they should not be rewarded by participating in the VCA.

I hope this helps.

Phade.
Understood, and will delete the Dark Minds music video, though I disagree with penalizing members from this years VCAs over videos they made in the past ;P

I just hope my deletion requests are granted before the first VCA deadline.

Return to “Site Announcements”