FLCL - 01

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Chromer
Org Profile

Post by Chromer » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:33 pm

G-rant wrote:
Scintilla wrote:Canti's a Medical Mechanica robot (as Haruko says in ep 2 -- and if you look, you can see the MM logo on his chest), and the hand that's fighting him is half of another one. (The robot that comes out of Naota's head in ep 2 is the second half.)

I'm pretty sure that red Canti is Canti with the power of Atomsk (Amarao says as much in ep 5), esp. with Atomsk's symbol showing up on his screen. However, in the later episodes, Canti turns red after eating Naota, so it's not entirely clear.
Pretty much every thing you said is true, the reason canti turns red i believe is because of N.O. not which is what naota and atomsk powers r ohh and not to mention, Ninamouri has NO too so if canti ate her hed prolly turn red too.
Ok, let me clear up something. First of all, I've been a member here for a while but this is my first post. But I have been an anime fan since I was 5.
But onto FLCL.

The reason Canti turns red whenever he swallows Naota is because when Haruko smacked him in the head with the guitar (Ep. 1) she opened the N.O. channel in his head.(which we all know) But what nobody has mentioned is that in FLCLimax (Ep. 6) Amarao said, " That's it! That thing must be apart of the Terminal Core!", He was talking about Canti obviously. By Haruko opening the N.O. Channel, she automatically made Naota apart of the Terminal Core.

Don't Believe me? Here's my proof. Watch Ep. 6 closely and you'll notice that Haruko smacks Naota into the combined Takkun/Canti part of the Terminal Core and Amarao begins this long rant about Medical Mechanica. The now Takkun/Naota/Canti Terminal Core plunges into the Hand that Naota/Canti defeated in Ep. 5 and it comes alive to activate Medical Mechanica.

BUT!

I'm guessing that Naota couldn't let Medical Mechanica activate, so he grabbed the powers of Atomsk and confessed his love for Haruko. So, basically what I'm saying is that everytime Canti ate Naota, Naota was tapping into the powers of Atomsk that was being pulled through the N.O. Channel. As Amarao said in Ep. 5, Atomsk was being held captive in the Medical Mechanica plant in Mabase. So, Atomsk's powers were always being used in the series.

This is my theory so I could be wrong. But hey, with proof like that, its hard to discredit it.[/b]

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:51 pm

To chromer, yes Haruko did break Canti, but I believe that she broke his link to atomsk which wouild explain his turning from red to blue. The reason canti needs Naota to turn red again is to make a temporary link.
That would explain why, that in episode six, the terminal core doesn't work until naota's power's are tapped. Naota supplies the direct link to Medical Mechanica nececcary to make up for Canti's inability to use Atomsk's powers.
I also believe that while canti acts like he may be atomsk, I believe that could be because atomsk is too much power too really handle. That would explain when Canti is using atomsk's power and loses the atomsk link, thatr he eventually loses it again. Atomsk also needed Naota to escape because canti was stiull a tool of MM and MM used atomsk like thier own personal generator, using his massive star-stealing NO to power and move the massive factories, but Naota only cared about Haruko releasing atomsk's power and self in that one instance, allowing his own No to be used to release Atomsk.

I have a headache....

Super Shanko
Org Profile

Post by Super Shanko » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:58 pm

well i always saw it like this. let me just take a deep breath....

In Ep. 1 Haruko attacked Naota because he had the head she was looking for so she could open a gateway to free Atomsk because she 1. she and him are rivals and she wanted to steal his power and 2. she had fallen in love with him like Amarao said which she also tried on his dad. Naota now has a portal in his forehead that allows stuff to pass through like when he bashed his head into Ninamori's and that robot came from hers(Ep.3). Onward Canti is a MM robot just like all the others he was red since he was battle ready, then when Haruko hits and damages him Canti THEN he's reprogammed for housework and other chores(Ep.). the reason he swallows Naota is because he has that gateway which lets Atomsk to take control of Canti which is stated in Ep.5 after Canti pulled a guitar through his face but its first seen in Naota in Ep.4 when he stopped that satellite.
as for the last episode Naota was eaten by the terminal core to reoperate the hand which failed cause Canti was part of it and he and Naota merged to stop the hand and Naota got control of Atomsk's power and fought Haruko but stopped to admit his feelings and then finally freed Atomsk and it probably closed the portal in his head.
that just my opinion.
Life is but a dream.....So what happens when you wake up?

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:46 pm

Super Shanko wrote:well i always saw it like this. let me just take a deep breath....

In Ep. 1 Haruko attacked Naota because he had the head she was looking for
No, haruko was hitting everyone. she had actually hit mon-chan first, and he told haruko about naota.

drkgeek
Org Profile

Post by drkgeek » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:14 pm

Im still trying to download an episode on High Quality... lol
Halo is overated...

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Re: ...

Post by Malificus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:07 am

drkgeek wrote:Im still trying to download an episode on High Quality... lol
FOR SHAME! spend you should spend $90 and buy the whole series, you'll feel better about yourself...

Super Shanko
Org Profile

Re: ...

Post by Super Shanko » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:28 pm

got2maskit wrote:
drkgeek wrote:Im still trying to download an episode on High Quality... lol
FOR SHAME! spend you should spend $90 and buy the whole series, you'll feel better about yourself...
$90 BUCKS :shock: are you for real.... i paid less than $80 for all of my volumes, you can the the collectors edition boxset for $80 where i go.
Life is but a dream.....So what happens when you wake up?

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:32 pm

really, I'm cheep too so I borrow my friends copy.

Anyway, $90 is talking about Suncoast, without a box or sales... (sometimes it's cheeper to buy individual stuff anyway Saved $80 on Trigun buying individual) Any way, I think Suncoast is having a sale so you could get them for $75.

haruko666
Org Profile

blah

Post by haruko666 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:42 pm

The part of canti that haruko breaks off is the pert that channels atomsk's energy/soul. The reason why haruko is after noata is becuase he also partialy channels the pirate king's soul that should explain alot.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”