Cowboy Bebop 26 [spoilers]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:16 pm

I believe the movie is set between eps 22 and 23.

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:54 pm

Hmm that might of been it, i know its either between those or something around Jupiterz Jazz.
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

The Afrochiapet
Location: you know...that place with the...erm...walls and the door?
Org Profile

Post by The Afrochiapet » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:24 am

yeah im betting it was around then.
I had no idea Cowboy Bebop could be so deep :)

Only thing that kinda bothered me about the last fight was that Faye and Jet weren't there to help fight. So far, I think the 3 of them have never fought all at once.

Hmm... :?
I'm not crazy, the voices told me so...

spike bomb 11
Org Profile

Post by spike bomb 11 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:40 am

O.K, my favorite ep is cowboy funk (22). I think cowboy funk is one of the most well-thought storys in the hole saga. The teddy bear bomber is such a messed up guy. ya know, freaking out when he sees cats and what not. this ep kicks ass.

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:48 am

spike bomb 11 wrote:O.K, my favorite ep is cowboy funk (22). I think cowboy funk is one of the most well-thought storys in the hole saga. The teddy bear bomber is such a messed up guy. ya know, freaking out when he sees cats and what not. this ep kicks ass.
i think this topic is strictly episode 26 related stuff...

spike bomb 11
Org Profile

Post by spike bomb 11 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:10 am

ok, the last ep is crazy! Spike goes after vishis, faye hints to spike that she likes him, and than spike dies. what an ending. spike, the coolest guy dies! they should have a nother set of eps that have just faye, jet,and ed. oh ya, ein!

Merm
Location: UAC Mars Research Facility, Olduvai Weapon of Choice: BFG 9000 Mk2
Org Profile

Post by Merm » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:02 pm

Can't say I liked Ep. 26.
Something about the last half seemed rushed and brought to a very premature close with. . .Well I assume people know what happens.
Something about both of the last two episodes made me think that realized they had two episodes left and went into a panic stricken state. It was okay up to the fight with Vicious, but even that seemed anti-climactic. Then the series ends a minute later.
I loved the rest of the series, I just thought the ending could have been written a little better.
The most expedient way to avert crisis is always by the indiscriminate extinction of anything that stands in your way.
"Give me the power to kill with impunity! I'll put it to damn good use!" - Black Mage

spike bomb 11
Org Profile

Post by spike bomb 11 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:37 pm

You don't like it? WELL!
"I'm not going to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." Spike.S

Spikebomb00
Org Profile

Post by Spikebomb00 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:29 pm

Solaria735 wrote:That's what fanfiction is for. And Faye can fall into his arms and they can passionately declare their love for each other.

I liked that they killed Spike. I thought it was good both for his character and for the show. It didn't end all happy-good-guy-prevails-over-all. He wanted his vengeance/to settle his past, and he died getting it.
While the ending wasn't happy I believe that it was good-guy-prevails-over-all. Spike did what he was there to do and he knew he was going to die, but he didn't care. He wanted to be with Julia. But I don't think he wouldn't have said his famous, "Bang" if he wasn't looking forward to dying. If that were the case he would have been like this, "OH GOD.... SOMEONE PLEASE!!!! HELP ME!!!! I DON'T WANT TO DIE *falls over dead*"
LOL.
COWBOY BEBOP
The work. Which will become a genre in itself, will be called...

Spikebomb00
Org Profile

Post by Spikebomb00 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:41 pm

Swordfish23 wrote:Lol those people are stupid then. The movie took place its either in the middle of the jupiter jazz's or right after. One of those cant partiuclarly remember.
The movie was made after the series ended but it was intended to be ep. 22 1/2 like Kalium stated. Also if you watch the commentary on the movie, the creator says it was episode 22 1/2. As a true fan it's hard to say but I think that the movie was a pretty big waste of time. It was really only made to bring such a great cast back together for a last reunion in the recording studios. I wish that they would have made a movie that was an in-depth look at Spike and Julia's life befor he left the syndicate: About Spike and Vicious being friends and how spike managed to escape, but oh well. That's just me.
COWBOY BEBOP
The work. Which will become a genre in itself, will be called...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”