AvTech Guides no Longer in Beta Stage!

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

AvTech Guides no Longer in Beta Stage!

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:19 am

After a year of writing, tweaking, rewriting, fixing, hacking and so on, the "beta" version of the new <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/">"ErMaC and AbsoluteDestiny's Guide to All Things Video and Audio"</a> has become the main version!

The old guide and the old amvapp are no more.

This is not to say that the new guides are 100% complete, or 100% perfect, but they work and the only way to iron out any creases now is to put them into common use. So I'm throwing caution to the wind here.

The old guides are still around but there isnt a link to them yet as I haven't redone the index page yet. This will happen soon enough. For now, play around with the new guides and the new amvapp that comes with them and report any oddities/confusions whatever to the Video Software Help forum.

There will be small tweaks made to the guide but it's ready enough and it's in good working condition now for everyone to use - so enjoy. The new amvapp should be pretty future-proof, any new releases will be bugfixes and I will try my very best to maintain compatibility as much as possible with future versions.

Thank you to all those who have helped in putting this guide together!

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:20 am

Heheh, first bug: I forgot to remove the link to redwolf's now defunct guide.

Well, here begins the list of things to fix, which I will do after christmas :)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:43 am

<a href=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/avspostqual.html>The postprocessing page</a> wrote:The last thing I want to show you is how to use the Levels filter.........
So, out of curiosity, are you ever actually going to show us? :P

And hooray! The MPEG-1 bitrate calculation method is fixed! But...
<a href=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/mpeg1.html>The MPEG-1 page</a> wrote:Take 40 and multiply by 8192 (which would give you the number 327680)... this is the number of <b>kilobytes</b> that a 40 megabyte file has.

Now divide this number by the number of seconds in your video. This will give you the overall bitrate in <b>kilobytes</b> per second.
Shouldn't that now be "kilobits"? :)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:50 am

Levels... nah, I probably wont. In fact I was sure I removed that... must still be on my local version.

Heh, I think I misused a spellcheck with kilobits... doh :)

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:36 pm

I read some of the new guides and said, hey, this is cool, there is so much neat information here. Then I went back to the main page and said hey, this sucks, there is no zipped version to read on my editing station, which is not connected to the Intarweb.

So I made my own. Hail wget. Note that this does not include the AMVApp, and since it was constructed automatically, there may be some links to stuff outside of the /guides/avtech directory that got broken.

Link will be deleted as soon as some official downloadable version of the new version goes onto the guides page.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:42 pm

I'll make a zipped version once I get back to my own pc after christmas and once the first week of silly corrections is over :)

Thanks for doing your own copy :) I'll get the official one done asap

DrngdKreationz
Org Profile

Post by DrngdKreationz » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:34 pm

Its about damn time!! :P

I'm just playin.. Thats great news AD

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:36 pm

Nah it is about time, you're right. This should have been done ages ago... except real life got in the way like the annoying brat it is.

DrngdKreationz
Org Profile

Post by DrngdKreationz » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:20 pm

but, isn't like real life... like important and stuff

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:54 pm

note to self: mention on the virtualdubmod page what a "stream" can be (ie an audio file, a subtitle file etc)

Return to “Site Announcements”