FLCL - 01

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:16 pm

Chloe_666 wrote:I have a question: Has anybody read the FLCL manga?
Yes.
Chloe_666 wrote:I dont now if the story of the manga is a bit different from the story in the anime.
Yes, it most definitely is.
Chloe_666 wrote:Its hard to tell because the manga is drawn realy bad.
Yes, it is. That's one of the things that turns me off about it.

It's also very hard at times to tell what's going on (and yes, I do mean more so than in the anime).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:15 pm

Scintilla wrote:It's also very hard at times to tell what's going on (and yes, I do mean more so than in the anime).
ROFL

But that's the fun in FLCL ... isn't it? :shock:
I can't remember how much times I had "WTF" inside my head :lol:
Nothing usefull here .

flclimber
Org Profile

Okay, the art is a little different!

Post by flclimber » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:11 pm

Of course, the strange art style is Ueda's personal style, and I think it complements the whole insanity that is FLCL. Really, Ueda is talented when it comes to what is called anti-form drawing, which is quite difficult to imitate for some. Most manga stories wouldn't work well with that style, but FLCL does quite well. It evokes a feeling- that was propably Tsurumaki's reason for hiring that guy. If you ask me, though, Sadamoto should have done it to keep the feel of the show. In a way, it isn't a retelling of the story with Ueda's art. It's simply a companion to the anime! But what is so great about FLCL is: It is open to anything!

But of course, the manga needed The Pillows. End of story.

This brings me to this- can we have a FLCL sequel?
[img]http://www.tait.nildram.co.uk/thepillow ... t9.jpg[img][/img]

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Okay, the art is a little different!

Post by Scintilla » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:46 pm

flclimber wrote:If you ask me, though, Sadamoto should have done it to keep the feel of the show.
Eh... he had more important things (read: finally finishing up the NGE manga :twisted: ) to work on.
flclimber wrote:In a way, it isn't a retelling of the story with Ueda's art. It's simply a companion to the anime!
The way I remember it, the manga diverged too much from the anime for the two stories to really coexist.
ImageImage

~Chrono~
Org Profile

Post by ~Chrono~ » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:06 pm

I'm... how can i say it... an Addict to FLCL. I just love it.
The best anime I've ever seen. I can't understand the people who can't separte a WTF story from a one that contains nothing but symbolism and parody. And... this is FLCL.
Nothing just happens here, everything has a meaning.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:13 pm

~Chrono~ wrote:And... this is FLCL.
Nothing just happens here, everything has a meaning.
Except for the things that <i>do</i> just happen, because the people in charge thought they would be cool.

And then the things that <i>originally</i> just happened, but then it was later realized that they could be given a meaning as well (like making the Medical Mechanica factory in the shape of an iron).

Director's commentary tracks are a wonderful thing. :)
ImageImage

~Chrono~
Org Profile

Post by ~Chrono~ » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:52 pm

Of course, I bet they didn't realize a LOT of things and later a lot of fans would give them a meaning. The rest is pure comedy. FLCL Rocks!

Shinobi_Alchemist
Org Profile

Post by Shinobi_Alchemist » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:32 am

Hello...im sorta new here....but im a HUGE fan of FLCL so....anyway heres who i see it.

1) Canti is from medical mecanical
2) the hand that pops out of noata's head is the hand from the huge robot from the 3rd ep
3) Canti is atmos in another body so when hes in danger or eats noata he turns into that cannon and finnaly.....FLCL is on of the best shows/soundtracks ive ever seen/heard
If you watch your back,your dead...If you watch your front,your dead...Either way...your gonna die.

G-rant
Org Profile

Post by G-rant » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:18 pm

Scintilla wrote:Canti's a Medical Mechanica robot (as Haruko says in ep 2 -- and if you look, you can see the MM logo on his chest), and the hand that's fighting him is half of another one. (The robot that comes out of Naota's head in ep 2 is the second half.)

I'm pretty sure that red Canti is Canti with the power of Atomsk (Amarao says as much in ep 5), esp. with Atomsk's symbol showing up on his screen. However, in the later episodes, Canti turns red after eating Naota, so it's not entirely clear.
Pretty much every thing you said is true, the reason canti turns red i believe is because of N.O. not which is what naota and atomsk powers r ohh and not to mention, Ninamouri has NO too so if canti ate her hed prolly turn red too.

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:19 pm

Hey I have to give some credit to the manga because somehow, it broke through just enough to make an enjoyable storyline anid as far as the art, I feel that the sketchy style added to the feel of FLCL

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”