Beserk..*HUGE SPOILERS*

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:06 pm

Never heard or seen it? New or old? And tv series or what?
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

serebi
Org Profile

Post by serebi » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:01 pm

wwhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaat?!?!? you never heard of Record of Lodoss War!??!

omg mann you are missing out, it aired a few years ago by now.. well Record of Lodoss War OVA (13 epsidoes) was back in 1991 which OWNED it has really good animation..... the TV series was aired during the late 90's

what else we got: A Dreamcast game that is pretty good, manga of course, game boy game

okay yeh Lodoss owns. Is legend of crystania a spinoff? i've seen the movie but i'm still not sure lol

cartoon network had PONDERED showing lodoss war TV a few years ago, but instead they put the FULL EPISODES on their toonami.com site, I don't know if they are still there

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:07 pm

Nah cant find it..ill have to find some on DC or something and see if its good. Someone wanna tell me whats it about and where i could find it?

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:09 pm

Well lets see..looking at all the different versions i can buy and...Record of Lodoss War Collectors Series, Record of Lodoss War Chronicles of The Heroic Knight, ..hmm some other one but looks like a rip off or something. Either of those good?

serebi
Org Profile

Post by serebi » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:05 pm

sorry i forgot to state:

Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of Heroic Knight is the kickass OVA from the early 90s

i guess chronicles would be the TV series, if its DVDs your talking about (riiiiiiiiiight??) then you can just check how many volumes are in which one and deduce tv from ova that way

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:25 pm

Well ones 1999 and has a bunch of stuff like comics in dvd set thingy...but it doesnt say anything about how many of what. And the other one has no date and its a 2-Disc Dvd Set...sooooo...yeah lol...guessing thats the kick ass Ova one.

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:37 am

would love some more opinions on this records of lodoss war plz. The Ova one. Thx

DarkAlex
Org Profile

Pretty Cool

Post by DarkAlex » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:30 am

Lodoss War is pretty cool. Its animation really doesn't compare with new animes, but for its time it might have been good. It's a cut or two above "B/\STARD!!" in terms of animation. Lodoss really gives the impression of a story as large as Lord of the Rings (and rather similar in parts), although whether it delivers is questionable. I enjoyed it, and for epic anime it's hard to beat, but the characterization isn't that great and it does look a little dated.

PS. For some reason I have the impression that there are 3 Lodoss sets. I'm thinking of the 13 episode one with Parn and Deedlit.

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:06 pm

Well im on Deep Discount i can find one that says 1999 (series) and one that isnt..so..guessing the other one is the OVA's.

Crzy_Tetsuo
Org Profile

Post by Crzy_Tetsuo » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:52 am

As for a second season of berserk, I think it will happen. The anime may not have been uber popular in japan, but look at its fanbase here. I loved the series myself, and the boxset and everything on the internet are releasing it as Berserk - The Complete First Season. If anything, that can give you hope that they're setting up for a second season. I think they were planning on a second season anyway, and things just got in the way. Maybe now, the anime is popular enough to continue, hmm?

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”