Beserk..*HUGE SPOILERS*

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Swordfish23
Org Profile

Beserk..*HUGE SPOILERS*

Post by Swordfish23 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:56 pm

Well..i just finished watching that and absolutely loved it until the very end. Man the ending fin sucked. Its not like they did a bad job or anything but i hated it, espically sense it didnt explain anything. I dont know if theres a version in English but mine only has subtitles and it wouldnt play the subtitles for the very last part with the blood coming over and it showing peoples faces . I have no idea what happened. Because the show starts out...with him all old and strong with the demon thing messing with him. Does that mean at the very end did he not actually die? And if not what happaned? I would love some help explaining this, i adore it up to the end. Also i keep hearing rumors that there still gonna make the other half of the story or something. Would really really really like to know if thats a rumor or not. Well hope lots of people respond cause damn..im confused.
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Org Profile

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:32 am

the problem with berserk is that it is only a small part of a massive manga, they ended it where they did because they ran out of money and it wasn't very popular in Japan.

The beginning of the series is after the end, in story terms, and the series is basically one gigantic flashback to the beginning of the Godhand and why Gutts is fighting Griffith and stuff.

try reading the manga it has the rest of the story, i think the series only covers about four volumes of a story that is well into the twenties of volumes.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:46 am

Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote:the problem with berserk is that it is only a small part of a massive manga, they ended it where they did because they ran out of money and it wasn't very popular in Japan.
Actually, I believe the reason they ended it was because that was the most they could get away with airing on television in terms of violent content. If you think the anime was bloody, I've heard the manga gets much, much worse...

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:05 am

dokool wrote:
Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote:the problem with berserk is that it is only a small part of a massive manga, they ended it where they did because they ran out of money and it wasn't very popular in Japan.
Actually, I believe the reason they ended it was because that was the most they could get away with airing on television in terms of violent content. If you think the anime was bloody, I've heard the manga gets much, much worse...
Actually I believe it was a bit of the first and a bit of the last reason. Altough I always tought that the japanese mentality wasn´t narrow when it comes to sex and violence.Is there really no hope that the anime will be continued ?

Chocobuddha
Org Profile

Post by Chocobuddha » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:20 am

Berserk aired in Japan nearly eight years ago. If they haven't made a sequel yet, then they won't, ever.

Seriously, check out the manga. Anyone who has seen the anime and read the first few volumes of the manga would understand that they NEVER intended to release more than that one season. Important events and characters, such as Puck and the Skull Knight, were never included in the anime.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:56 am

Chocobuddha wrote:Berserk aired in Japan nearly eight years ago. If they haven't made a sequel yet, then they won't, ever.
*nods*

Although they *did* just release the videogame here... I don't know how good it is, though.

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:05 am

Well thanks, was super confused by the end. Shame there not gonna make anymore but i guess its good if they left stuff out. I really really liked it, cept the end pissed me off lol. Anyone else got any other animes with Medeival Tactics and fighting in it? Mainly what i loved about it.

serebi
Org Profile

Post by serebi » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:23 am

that ending was so horrible, left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth w/ caska bein raped and everybody dying and stuff.... i was thinking about making an uber violent and bloody AMV using berserk under one condition "dont use the last 3 episodes" bkuz then it would just be too easy. it was just one giant bloodfest its like OMGWTFO.o

I never did that AMV bkuz my monitor died and the one i got it replaced with did not have enough brightness to see what was going on in half of the episodes that I ripped from VHS. lol, I never really noticed how "dark" it was

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:51 pm

Lol well Anyone else got any other animes with Medeival Tactics and fighting in it? Mainly what i loved about it.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:02 pm

Swordfish23 wrote:Lol well Anyone else got any other animes with Medeival Tactics and fighting in it? Mainly what i loved about it.
Have you seen Record of Lodoss War yet ? It´s popular and it´s very good.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”