Shishio In Samurai X?

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
LightningCountX
Org Profile

Shishio In Samurai X?

Post by LightningCountX » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:33 am

I asked this question on the kenshin.it forums, but i didnt totally get a straight answer so ill ask this here...
LightningCountX on Kenshin.it wrote:Well, i kinda think it was Shishio in the end of Samurai X who killed the traitor, and I heard from some friends that it was him. Is it really true it was him at the end of the movie? He looks just like him =\
Does anyone know for sure?

Also, is there a Manga for Samurai X Trust & Betryal and Reflections? Or is it only for RK?

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Shishio In Samurai X?

Post by LantisEscudo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:08 am

Since it is a bit spoilerish, I'm going to Spoiler-GARD it.
Spoiler wrote:Yes, it was Shishio. The manga is a bit more clear about it.
The manga does cover the first OVA set, but not until later. The manga and TV series diverged after the Kyoto arc (Episode 62 / Volume 17). The story in the OVA is told as a flashback in Volumes 19, 20, and 21, as part of the Revenge arc, which was never fully animated (parts were animated for the second OVA set).

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:08 am

Whos Shishio or whatever? Never picked up that name from Trust and Betrayal, was he the dude who has a duel with kenshin near the end? And its looks like they both chose to discontinue the fight or something..if so i really thought it was him, cause i thought it showed his blue cloak at the scene afterwards with the rest of kenshins group.
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Org Profile

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:42 am

Shishio is the guy from the end of the Kyoto arc with the bandages and stuff who want Kenshin dead and to overthrow the meiji government etc... the leader of the Juppon Gatana.

I think the guy you're thinking of is Saito, they have a duel at the and of Betrayal, then during the Kyoto arc he joins Kenshin to help fight Shishio because he works for the police, and because of his motto-thing: "Aku Soku Zan".

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:54 pm

Swordfish23 wrote:Whos Shishio or whatever? Never picked up that name from Trust and Betrayal, was he the dude who has a duel with kenshin near the end?
..........he's the same dude who does the voice acting for your spike character in English!! If I had a Spike icon, I would at least know who voices him in both english and jap, which I do know and I still don't like spike.

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:36 pm

Hmm yah well the guy who does spike is in so much stuff, i just have yet to memorize his name. Ive only seen Trust and Betrayal and some of the series and havent read any manga so most of the names dont get through to me.
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:12 pm

Swordfish23 wrote:Hmm yah well the guy who does spike is in so much stuff, i just have yet to memorize his name.
Steven Jay Blum (but he goes by a ton of different aliases)

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:59 pm

generalhs wrote:
Swordfish23 wrote:Hmm yah well the guy who does spike is in so much stuff, i just have yet to memorize his name.
Steven Jay Blum (but he goes by a ton of different aliases)
Yeah, I went crazy one time when watching Fushigi Yuugi and heard his voice in the 1st dub episode and saw a different name!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”