Tales of Phantasia OVA Episode 1

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Tales of Phantasia OVA Episode 1

Post by angelx03 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:49 am

Ok, I might as well give you guys the heads up about this new OVA series.
The story starts off with that evil black knight getting ready to summon Dhaos, and anyone who played the game knows that the black knight succeeds, but unfortuntely later gets killed by Dhaos. So then Morrison sends Cless and Mint back in time for safety (and he also told them to get Klarth and Arche in the past as well) while he and Chester stay behind and hold off Dhaos. Then cues the opening sequece which was pretty cool. After that's done, the story immediately jumps to the event when Midgard has to defend against Dhaos' forces. Cless and Midgard's army are in the Vhallia(sp?) Plains in the front lines while Arche and Klarth were outside of Midgard as backup. Mint was in the castle trying to convince the king to have Klarth and Arche go with her and Cless after the battle is done (for some odd reason those magic users seem to work for Midgard). As you know from the game, Cless and the other forces defeated the ground troops, but then noticed Dhaos has an aerial fleet. So it's Klarth's and Arche's turn to do some magic pwnage against the aeriel force. They noticed that there's too many of them, so as you know the secret weapon known as the MysTek Cannon was used. The first shot killed a lot of the monsters so they went for a second shot. At that moment, the cannon is overreacting and blew up. Mint who was still in Midgard has flash moment where the spirt of the Mana tree Martel telling her to protect the tree. After that she got caught in the explosion, but she was able to put up Barrier. Will she she survive though? That's where the episode ended.
All I have to say, fans of the game like me will definetely take interest in this OVA; they might even ignore some of the changes that's been made from the game. Anyone who HAS NOT played the game will get seriously lost; the creators of this OVA practically made this for the game fans only. So in short, I can't wait for episode 2! :D
ImageImage

fallenstar
Org Profile

Post by fallenstar » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:58 am

I think the 2nd one comes out in february sometime?

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:29 pm

According to here, it come out 1/26/05.
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:28 pm

Geh, it'll be a week before I can see it...

It's odd that they decided to start at Midgard, but I'm recalling the cutscenes I've seen from the PS version of the game - and if they handled that particular battle sequence as well in the OAV, I'll be very happy needless to say.

Looking forward to this...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”