AMV Software Lists

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:58 pm

post-it wrote:... Avisynth has a GUI, I'm testing it right now! ... its a Beta, and has crashed
on me 18 times so far, but they are getting there :shock: :? 8-) :oops:
Wow, should be ready by next millenium then.

Wait, you said it crashed alot... have Microsoft taken over the rights to AVISynth now or something? :lol:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:48 am

post-it wrote:... Avisynth has a GUI, I'm testing it right now! ... its a Beta, and has crashed
on me 18 times so far, but they are getting there :shock: :? 8-) :oops:
Avisynth has a number of GUIs. The problem is though that they tend to be only for general video processing.

Zarx recently asked that a timeline based gui be made for avisynth at Doom9. I hope someone does it. I would try if I knew more about programming but I only know enough for really simple programs. :(

Tetris
Org Profile

Post by Tetris » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:12 am

I can only afford one. What does everyone recomend Combustion or After Effects?

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:29 am

Tetris wrote:... Combustion or After Effects?
- you do realize that these are "both" to be used "after" your AMV is complete!
. With that said, I prefer After Effects - haven't found Combustion to be useful.

- just my opinion

Tetris
Org Profile

Post by Tetris » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:47 pm

post-it wrote:
Tetris wrote:... Combustion or After Effects?
- you do realize that these are "both" to be used "after" your AMV is complete!
. With that said, I prefer After Effects - haven't found Combustion to be useful.

- just my opinion
Im aware. I already have premiere pro. Im looking for something to add spiffy effects to my vids. Thanks for your reply, I was kind of leening in that direction already now Ill definetely get after effects.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:08 am

This is a free tool that can come in handy when you're working with large numbers of bitmaps (or any other type of file).

Oscar's Renamer

You can also download it from Pricelessware.org.

It loaded without problems on a WinME and a WinXPro system. It works as advertised. Just don't try to rename files to names that are already used (stupid, but I had to try it :roll: ).

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:13 am

Nero - the popular CD burning software - now includes a video editor in its latest package, NERO 6 Ultra Edition. It retails for $100, but can be found for $50-$70. Keep in mind this buys a large suite of tools, including for CD/DVD burning, DVD authoring, cover making, audio editing & mixing, video editing, DVD/MPEG2 player, and a few others.

From the main menu select NeroVision Express, then Make New Movie. The editor itself seems to operate much like Windows Movie Maker (but this one runs under other version of Windows, not just XP). No overlays, but separate tracks for text and video effects. The menus include about 50 special effects and about two dozen transitions. It also has two audio tracks, the ability to capture video, and will export to MPEG2, MPEG1, DV, and SVCD.

The editor is integrated with the DVD authoring software that is included. And you still get the usual Nero burning capabilities.

According to the specs, it will run under any version of Windows and does not require SP2 of WinXP (this last confirmed).

More info at the Nero home page.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:47 pm

Some updates from the world of <strike>communists</strike> Free and Open Source software:

Cinelerra 1.2.2 was recently released. It includes a great deal of stability fixes -- I have yet to crash it on my P4 or my Athlon64 -- as well as some speedups. Very interesting is the introduction of the motion tracking system, similar to the system present in After Effects.

Blender 2.36 was recently released, and includes many improvements such as lots of bug fixes, an overhauled undo system (one of my biggest complaints), rewritten and improved mesh modelling tools, improved mesh deformation systems, and a lot more.

Dedalo-3D is completing a new, greatly improved version of makeHuman, their human modelling script system for Blender. I'm using it for snhknives' Reflections of Style 2, and it's quite impressive. Give it a try. Dedalo-3D also is working on a subsurface scattering system for Blender, which facilitates the accurate rendering of complex materials like marble and skin.

ardour is still getting better and better.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:19 am

Inkscape

Inkscape is a vector illustration tool based on SVG. My favorite example of Inkscape art is located at Lunar 8, an online manga, but there's many other examples of Inkscape art out there. It is similar to Sodipodi, but not entirely so -- Sodipodi does not adhere strictly to SVG, whereas Inkscape does.

Like every other tool I plug, it is licensed under an OSI-approved license. Specifically, the GNU GPL.

How is this applicable to AMVs?

I'm sure there's quite a few people on here who use Illustrator or CorelDraw for vector graphics work in AMVs. Here's an alternative. It's also just a cool graphics tool, period.

deathsythe5674
Org Profile

download?!

Post by deathsythe5674 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:54 pm

can't u just download all of these programs through Limewire or something like that; it will cast absolutly nothing :D

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”