Chrno Crusade 24

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
sweetstarfire
Org Profile

Chrno Crusade 24

Post by sweetstarfire » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:10 pm

The end of the series, and I missed it :evil: Can anyone tell me what happened, or link me to a place where I can find out? It may be crap compared to the manga, as some people claim, but I still wanna know how it ended.
-Are children who act in rated 'R' movies allowed to see them?
-Do they have girl’s bathrooms in gay bars?

Shounen
Org Profile

ep. 24

Post by Shounen » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:15 pm

Not a great, detailed review :? but all I can find for now...

http://www.westofhouse.com/anime/archives/000381.html
God's in his Heaven, All's Right with the World - NERV
[Robert Browning]

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:19 pm

That a good series? Ive never seen it.
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

Shounen
Org Profile

ep. 24

Post by Shounen » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:32 pm

This looks like a good episode guide, but registration is needed to view it...

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Gu ... id-339180/
[Robert Browning]

Shounen
Org Profile

haven't

Post by Shounen » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:39 pm

Honestly I haven't seen it either but I found a couple of reviews. I'd like to see it though.
[Robert Browning]

sweetstarfire
Org Profile

Post by sweetstarfire » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:31 pm

Thanks:) On the subject of how good it is, well, it depends. A lot of people hated it because they read the manga first and apparently the series is completely different. I personally liked it a lot. It's very religious tho, if that bothers anyone. I liked it, I just missed the last epp. :evil:
-Are children who act in rated 'R' movies allowed to see them?
-Do they have girl’s bathrooms in gay bars?

Trunks_Blade
Org Profile

Post by Trunks_Blade » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:37 am

Well i just watched the ending today...On a whole i thought the serious was good.

The first half i thought was good, i mean nothing bad, but nothing stand out. The last third of the series had me glued to the screen though...thats when all the main characters paths finally cross, and when they have to confront their pasts.

Anyway u have to see the ending...its just so confronting, they actully concluded the series pretty tightly....there's really no way they can have a second series. I havent read the manga but i hope the ending is not as tragic :cry: it cut me deep and hard...

oceanskie
Org Profile

eps 24

Post by oceanskie » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:21 pm

The first half i thought was good, i mean nothing bad, but nothing stand out. The last third of the series had me glued to the screen though...thats when all the main characters paths finally cross, and when they have to confront their pasts.

Anyway u have to see the ending...its just so confronting, they actully concluded the series pretty tightly....there's really no way they can have a second series. I havent read the manga but i hope the ending is not as tragic Crying or Very sad it cut me deep and hard...
i have to say the 1st 8 eps or so is very mediocre, full of fillers and unnecessary static shots and background plots. however the story pace picks up when aion shows up, the entire story soars from there.

it is hinted on that there would be tragic elements in the story since we were told from the beginning that the female protagonist is fueling chrno's energy with her life but this idea never left a mark on our memory because of the protagonist outgoing nature. later when all the characters begin to reveal their roles in the story (yes, even the supporting characters r so full of life, making this a dominating factor in the series' success), and cross each other's path, leading to the epic climax and the resolution that follows, you realise that the early eps weren't so much as fillers but rather sidestories that builds up each character.

the ending when female protagonist laid in chrno's hug and cried out "i don't want to die..." has truly touched my heart. i have not felt so much emotion since the scene of rei's self destruction in unit-0. i fail to describe how much has been revealed about female protagonist's character in the end because words would diminish them.

it's just so... tragic...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”