SlipKnoT Project!!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:23 pm

No...more like a crackhouse.
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

rose4emily
Org Profile

Post by rose4emily » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:33 am

DrngdKreationz wrote:Requiem for a dream gave me a mind fuck for about 3 days after watching it..
It'll do that. So will "The Wall", "End of Evangelion", "Clockwork Orange", "Eraserhead", Jan Svankmajer's "Alice", the Broken movie, and "Mullholland Drive" - if you watch them properly.

Just don't try watching all of them one after another [Shivers].

I would also suggest you never try to view the whole of "I CAVDIVS" in one sitting. Bad idea.

Then again, you could probably drive some one to insanity much faster with an unabating supply of DiGi Charat than any amount of twisted and abstuse films. I tend to experience a temporary drop of intelligence immediately after watching a Pauly Shore flick. There was one summer where my sister would watch "Grease", in it's entirety, almost every day. Thanks to her, I'm still able to recite the script verbatim anytime someone turns it on. I'm sure that would constitute some sort of mental violation.

---
E2_productionz wrote:that kinda speech will get me to the white house
No, to get into the White House, you'd have to make up words - like "suiciders" and "nuculer", use the term "evil" ad nauseum, and make promising declarations like "I'll raise the military budget to the highest level It's been at since the Reagan administration" (I somehow found myself at a Republican rally - destroying any hopes I had that it was just the camera taking off 10 IQ points). It would also help if you could "speak Mexican", but proper English is out of the question.

Or, if you're a slimy Democrat rather than a stupid Republican (there, I've pissed off everyone but the Communists and the Greens - crazy anti-establishment tree-huggers [I think they'll take that as a compliment] :)), you might also want to have the phrase "I have no improper relationship with that woman" well-rehearsed. These things seem to come up.
E2_productionz wrote:really i want to have fun, work hard and at the end, sit back and say 'we did this' with a huge smile
I can't believe I've almost made it to that point. I most definately have a huge smile ready for when I'm done putting the finishing touches on Instrumentality. It's a Good Thing (TM).
may seeds of dreams fall from my hands -
and by yours be pressed into the ground.

E2_productionz
Org Profile

Post by E2_productionz » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:39 am

In England, UK, you would be known as a wanker.
Duffman never dies, only the actors who play him. - Duffman, Simpsons

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:55 am

In the US, You would be known as a dumbass.
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

DrngdKreationz
Org Profile

Post by DrngdKreationz » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:05 am

:lol:

/aside from the tokyou15 comment.

yeah, other things that I know detriorate braincells is working tech support... explaining things at an inferior level to your own will unfortunately atrophy the "better" functioning braincells you have..

E2_productionz
Org Profile

Post by E2_productionz » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:15 am

ooooooooook thank u from that
anyways back to project listen ppl its ment to be fun i like the advice and thank u for it but i take it every1 here likes to make amv's? then lets make 1 . its pretty simple we need a mix. then u can go create.
for the ppl who come in here to chat S**t just because they was bullied in high school and now feel like they have power .
YOUR STILL A GEEK ur jus behind a monitor
im here for amv's , i enjoy them.
Duffman never dies, only the actors who play him. - Duffman, Simpsons

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:27 pm

how much more impact the "hard" portion of your project can have if intermixed with a touch of suspence, and maybe a few seconds of silence.
This is actually my trouble with Slipknot - a lot of what I've heard from them is a lot of 'hard' stuff that could be so much more interesting if they spent more time dealing out texture and variety in-between. Though I can't say I have heard very much.

If you're aiming for a project, I think there's two options (or a combination) when it comes to making it interesting: either you make it very thematically and visually cohesive, or you look for maximum variety (or both). The latter approach seems to dominate all good recent projects. The former approach hasn't been explored very extensively yet, there's only bits and pieces of it (that's why I really hope Pen-Pen can get the LTE project off the ground, it shows a lot of promise in that regard).

So if you're going to make a Slipknot project, don't go for something that will end up looking like a lot of random explosions and blood to an hour of banging and yelling. You probably won't be able to make it a 'unified concept' kind of project, but you can get it done well with variety. Look into all possible tracks carefully, and try to arrange them in as much variation as you can.

Anyways, good luck. Though myself, I'm not interested in participating unless someone shows me a track that has as much variety and musical texture as I've been saying Slipknot can realistically do, but seems not to want to...

Still, eh, if there's been a Korn project, Slipknot deserves a shot too...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CerebralAssamite
Org Profile

Post by CerebralAssamite » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:47 am

E2_productionz wrote:
In England, UK, you would be known as a wanker.
You Pom's stole our aussie slang words and you damn well know it!

Brsrk
Org Profile

Post by Brsrk » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:43 pm

I think the only reason they're talkin shit is cause you subliminally said stuff to make them do it.

As for a slipknot project, I'd say to opt not to do it mainly cause, like Otohiko said, there isn't much of a change in the music. I'd say something to add onto this, but I don't want to start a "this is better than slipknot" thing.

Everyone has their own opinions about stuff, you can't change that, deal with it.
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”