AC3 2004 AMV Contest (Deadline soon, FTP available)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:01 am

:lol:

Heh, I hope so - I mean, the screwup should technically cause no major effort to fix on their part, and was never made with any intention on mine.

Besides, they might not want to be too mean to a guy who lives in the same exact city and knows the contest coordinator's address :P

(j/k j/k) :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:13 pm

Otohiko wrote:...yeah. Except I took it that all the rules were in the .pdf and used it as my guide. My mistake, I know, but it would be slightly upsetting to be thrown out entirely because of fine print. :|
I wanted to quote this because it wasn't proceeded by :roll:
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:57 pm

I guess someone should note that the deadlines up?
"hey... no"

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:41 pm

Otohiko wrote::lol:

Heh, I hope so - I mean, the screwup should technically cause no major effort to fix on their part, and was never made with any intention on mine.
Just gotta watchout for the guys looking for any rerason to kick you out since they got payed off by your competitors to find a way to DQ you so they have a better chance at winning something ;p :lol:

Nah I don't think they'd DQ you., Probably just drop one of the entrants.
If they did, they'd be loosing some great AMV material for the contest. Especially if they are hurting for submissions. But it isn't my contest, so who knows....
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:15 pm

Alright, it's finished, and I'll gladly report what I spotted and enjoyed - it was a fun contest with a great audience response to all, but all-too-short...

UNOFFICIAL but trustworthy RESULTS!

Only 6 videos were shown in total, due to (supposed) time constraints - that is, the runners up and winner for each category (technical, originality, composition) and the overall winner, which was also runner-up for composition.

In order that they were shown:

Technical

Runner-up:
jbone- "...and the World Shifted, Revealing All which had been Hidden from Sight..." (hats off on the music choice, and the vid was appropriately creative...)

Winner:
Bakadeshi[AuN Studios] - Eternal SKY (looking great as usual :wink:)

Originality

Runner-up:
Jimmyen - The Last Love Song on this Little Planet (pure evil. Excellent job there.)

Winner:
Otohiko - RPBP II: The Assumption of Innocence (:o)

Composition

Winner
An Azumanga Daioh video which I couldn't identify (the song is not familiar, either)

Overall
(and also the runner up for Composition)

umm... it's an FLCL video which, again, I couldn't identify.

I'd wait for some official word on the last two, they are supposed to give a hint on the AC3 website sometime... :roll:

But yea, that's all that was played. I can certainly say that sitting there watching the crowd react in hilarious ways to my vid = priceless.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:53 am

Otohiko wrote:UNOFFICIAL but trustworthy RESULTS!
Yeah, they match what I wrote down from the coordinator.
Composition
Winner
An Azumanga Daioh video which I couldn't identify (the song is not familiar, either)
The Azumanga Boogie (or Some Girls Like Crack) by gambitt.
Overall
(and also the runner up for Composition)
umm... it's an FLCL video which, again, I couldn't identify.
And That's That by jbone.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:49 pm

Ah, thanks. I was looking over jbone's profile, and thought that may well have been the video, but of course the guy's descriptions are always way too vague to ever tell for sure :roll:

Good times! :up:

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:51 am

Otohiko wrote:Ah, thanks. I was looking over jbone's profile, and thought that may well have been the video, but of course the guy's descriptions are always way too vague to ever tell for sure :roll:
Not all of them... only the ones I wrote after I stopped caring about video descriptions.

And I must say, "...and the World Shifted..." isn't one of my most technical videos. Hells, it pales in comparison to And That's That. But, whatever. :)
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

LightningCountX
Org Profile

Post by LightningCountX » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:50 pm

Otohiko wrote:Alright, it's finished, and I'll gladly report what I spotted and enjoyed - it was a fun contest with a great audience response to all, but all-too-short...
Was my video entered in the contest? I wasnt too sure if it was in or not, never got any confirmation notification...

The video was Samurai X to Disturbed's Remember.

If you know, thanks :)

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:24 pm

Otohiko wrote: Winner:
Bakadeshi[AuN Studios] - Eternal SKY (looking great as usual :wink:)
Yay... now I feel better about all the work I put into those visuals for AWA Pro ;p :lol: (Granted I'm still not 100% satisfied with how it flowed out compared to my vision......but whatever ;p )

Congrats to all the winners!
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Return to “AMV Contests”