Mindless AMV Indulgence Official Thread

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:47 pm

greenjinjo wrote::)

Well hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for the small file, I should hope to have it up before my next class in a few hours. And thanks to Toji, it looks just about as good if not better than the MPEG1 at twice the file size.

@ Otaku, I still have every track on my hard drive, so if you need it back that's no problem. Just let me know what you need.

EDIT: Ok, so I watched it again. It's not the greatest quality, but it sure looks better after the scripts you gave me Toji than it did before. I'm going to export a HQ XviD as the primary file for this video and hopefully host that with billy_wires when he gets his server up, and same for the BitTorrent. Does anyone know how to start a BT Seed?
Can't you host it on the ORG or is it too big? , Cuase I thought the ORG
was talking about allowing more space for group projects.

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:52 pm

Not yet. They are trying to but it's not up yet. So in the mean time, I've made a 99 MB file I can upload (and actually have, just waiting to push confirm), but I just want to know if you all think it'll be ok with the Org's guidelines.
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:03 pm

from what ive seen my track and like 2 others i think it will be fine now press conferm so i can see it.
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:36 pm

I got a "no" from AD, so no can do on the local file. Sorry guys. I will upload the 99 meg file to my server, it'll still be slow but should only take half the time, and as soon as billy_wires gets his serving, I can put the high quality 250 meg file on there.
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:42 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

alright enough of that
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

TriGGiT
Org Profile

Post by TriGGiT » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:00 pm

well, it will be better to have to download a 99 meg file.

but anyway we learn from the mistakes, for future multiprojects first thing to take care of:
calculate more or less the expected final filesize and think where it will be hosted when the project is completed, we were lucky this time as there was a user that was willing to host it for free.

the high quality 202 meg is very difficult to get, has anybody downloaded it completelly? how does it look?

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:02 pm

Well for what it's worth, the LQ version is up on the server now.

http://www.seelecouncil.com/Mindless_AM ... Q_XviD.avi

At least it shouldn't take so long :roll:

But yes, I never expected to be able to get a <100MB file out of this video, poor planning on my part.
Check out my deviantART!

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:44 pm

Ok, there's a new hoster for the file, check out the video profile and it should be much, MUCH faster. It's the bottom link, 240 MB. billy_wires, if you still are interested in hosting, I'm still interested as well, as this link will not be available 100% of the time (most of the time, but not all), so let me know if you still can host it for us :)
Check out my deviantART!

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:10 pm

Ya, must say. I watched this yesterday. It was really sweet. Good job to everyone involved. I love how the project turned out, nice work!
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

Sanosuke6988
Org Profile

Post by Sanosuke6988 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:09 pm

Well, I just clicked on the new 240 mb link, and 30kbps is a lot better than 5 kbps. Although nago's 460 kbps is looking pretty good to me right now...

Anywho, for the video info just input my creator name as Sanosuke6988. I should probably change my org name to haxor, but I dont' think I could survive the week's probation with no local downloads =/

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”