Yaoi con results?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:42 pm

Finally found a pic of the outfit, not the best but I just happend to be in someone's photo during the cosplay contest. I'm the guy with his back to the camera with the horned hat.

http://www.consplayers.com/Yaoi%20Con043.html Second pic from the right on the top row.

Just wanted to know, I have a few outfits like this and while it's not traditional for the AMV MC to do something like this for cons, I was wondering what you guys think of it and if I should continue to MC the con as such?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:46 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Just wanted to know, I have a few outfits like this and while it's not traditional for the AMV MC to do something like this for cons, I was wondering what you guys think of it and if I should continue to MC the con as such?
Why not? You definitely didn't stand out in that room, and I thought it was cute. ^_^; Certainly in the spirit of things.

Freeptop
Org Profile

Post by Freeptop » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:30 am

Arigatomyna wrote:More links:
...Any chance of getting a local download for 'Come With Me'? :P
It's coming. I believe Starherd is trying to get a good render ready for download, and then she should upload it. It will probably be up for local download within a week, I imagine.

I'll let her know you were asking for it, though :)

Starherd
Org Profile

Post by Starherd » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:49 am

Freeptop wrote:
It's coming. I believe Starherd is trying to get a good render ready for download, and then she should upload it. It will probably be up for local download within a week, I imagine.

It's uploading as I type :-)
Sorry about the bit of delay...

*has nothing but squealing fangirl glomps for every creator in the YaoiCon contest*
*even the guy with the Hellsing video; it would go well with his lovely prize* :-D

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:08 am

Starherd wrote:
Freeptop wrote:

It's uploading as I type :-)
Sorry about the bit of delay...

*has nothing but squealing fangirl glomps for every creator in the YaoiCon contest*
*even the guy with the Hellsing video; it would go well with his lovely prize* :-D
but not for the guy with the magoo video...

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:14 pm

I liked the shirt/outfit. Heck if we didn't know you had a girlfriend, we would have tried to put you in the bishy auction. (grin)

The shirt was neat, in that it wasn't your standard fishnet top.
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:02 am

anneke wrote:I liked the shirt/outfit. Heck if we didn't know you had a girlfriend, we would have tried to put you in the bishy auction. (grin)
:shock:
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:41 pm

anneke wrote:I liked the shirt/outfit. Heck if we didn't know you had a girlfriend, we would have tried to put you in the bishy auction. (grin)

The shirt was neat, in that it wasn't your standard fishnet top.
I actually did that at AWA, TWK was wearing the same thing.
Then he mentioned he had a girlfriend.

I went :shock: then after a few minutes of silence, walked away in disgrace.

I doubt TWK noticed anything, because I suck at flirting and, well, I'm obviously too young for him, but bah.

He's cute. :ninja:

Anyway, congrats to the winners this year.

TWK: I still want my tape from LAST year! >_<
(by the way, sorry on behalf of all those people I bugged about the tape at AWA- I was really rude, and, well... Bah. I have no excuse. I was rude and immature. That is all.)

Random note, did anyone use NightWalker in any AMVs?
And, did my video(the Earthian one that repeated scenes WAYYYY too many times with the Dido Song, "Don't think of Me") get booed? Or, what reaction did it get at all, if any?

Just wondering...
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Starherd
Org Profile

Post by Starherd » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:30 am

SQ wrote: Random note, did anyone use NightWalker in any AMVs?
And, did my video(the Earthian one that repeated scenes WAYYYY too many times with the Dido Song, "Don't think of Me") get booed? Or, what reaction did it get at all, if any?

Just wondering...
It certainly didn't get booed! I rather liked it. :-D

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:49 pm

SQ wrote:Random note, did anyone use NightWalker in any AMVs?

Just wondering...
The dramatic vids got silence more than anything (compared to the comedy vids), then loud clapping at the end. My friend and I laughed once during it - the part about 'your best friend spent last night with her' - but no one else so much as peeped. That was one of my favorite parts in that vid. But I guess you don't laugh in the middle of drama. :(

As for Nightwalker vids, it's been used quite a bit in multi-anime vids, but only a few people have used it by itself so far. If you're thinking of making one, I'd love to see it. ^__^

Return to “AMV Contests”