Dates, Storage, and Benevolence

Maverick-Rubik
The Eye of a Lynx
Org Profile

Post by Maverick-Rubik » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:53 pm

It's nice to see you're still dedicated to the site, phade. :)

Zero
Org Profile

Post by Zero » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:56 pm

Ok. Thank you for clearing that up.

In either sense, I personaly thought the two week probation was good. It either encouraged donations or maybe just have them look around. But I understand if you got a ton of hate mail. *Laughs at the general public that fails to read, but saves that story for another day*

Oh, and I've been thinking that maybe inactive users or users that have signed up and haven't done anything should be purged (AKA deleted). Could save a little on space, considering the org has...*checks* oh wow, almost 300,000 accounts/members.

-Zero
Phade wrote:(I've actually promised to spend some time with my wife now. It's "happy Friday time".)

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:12 pm

Hey,
Zero Serenity wrote:Oh, and I've been thinking that maybe inactive users or users that have signed up and haven't done anything should be purged (AKA deleted). Could save a little on space, considering the org has...*checks* oh wow, almost 300,000 accounts/members.
Each dead account takes up about 209 bytes of space each. Even if 150,000 accounts were deleted, that would only save ~30M of space, an insignificant amount of storage.

Phade.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:33 pm

:shock:

There's only one thing I can say in response to this (all 4 paragraphs of it)...

ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:34 pm

Phade wrote:Hey Otohiko,

Yeah, that one should be on the list as well. Brain no longer worky this late at nighty. A single full-length distribution quality copy of massive multi-editor projects may be considered. So many things to do...

Phade.
Well, that's great news, particularly for projects which may have trouble setting up Bittorrents (which is how it's done these days). It's definitely gonna help...

The other changes sound good to me, even slightly too generous (particularly with the waiting period).
All this only makes me want to donate more... time will tell if it has the same effect on others.

Thanks for the good work, even in semi-retirement. :)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:40 pm

Good stuff Phade.

Although I am a bit dubious on the two week period removal
affecting donations and bandwith, we'll see how it turns out.

Thanks Phade. Excellent.
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Crzy_Tetsuo
Org Profile

Post by Crzy_Tetsuo » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:04 am

I feel the 2 week waiting period is like a double edged sword. It may turn many future members away from amv's but as everyone said, it may help bring in more many, i understand bigger donations are better, but someone donating 5 bucks to watch amv's does help. As for not having it, may allow people to enjoy amv's, and really get into it quickly, maybe causing them to donate money for the cause. Guess waiting to see is the only reasonable option hmmm?
On another note, it was good to hear from Phade again.

Songbird21
Org Profile

Post by Songbird21 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:26 pm

Phade wrote: I still have very little overall free time.
Hee hee. I know how that goes. My daughter is 3 and I still don't get a huge amount of free time. I'm amazed I manage getting anything done. Lol
Best editing Connecticon 2013: Bravery

Switchplate City- Custom lightswitch covers (Some anime related) and more!

"Bloodline of Atlantis: The Triple Psi" - My fantasy novel (Only $1.99 It's an Ebook).

Iamshadowkiller
Org Profile

Post by Iamshadowkiller » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:34 pm

hmmmmmm

I propose the waiting period be increased not removed :?

damn young wippersnappers hugging up the juicy delicious filthy bandwith

back in my day we had to walk 20 miles down a road covered in hot molting lava....for no reason whatsoever......times were boring back then :(

/end
Oh how convenient. A theory about God that doesn't require looking through a telescope.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:31 pm

I also think removing the waiting period could be a bad thing. I can imagine people just using it as a place to serve random files, until they get found out.

But, I guess just wait and see. Maybe it wont be a problem.

Return to “Site Announcements”