Best P2P software?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Jaysin
Org Profile

Best P2P software?

Post by Jaysin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:26 pm

Hey, i was wondering what a good P2P software program would be. Its more for my brother who wants to download music from unsigned bands and stuff but i'll also be using it for downloading a lot of unlicensed anime aswell :D

So i ask: What's a good program for P2P? If you could list what you like and dont like about it aswell as if there are any risks like spyware.

Thanks

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:41 pm

Err... hm.

Yeah, against site rules. Read this, please, and try again later.

GAME OVER
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Jaysin
Org Profile

Post by Jaysin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:51 pm

i specifically said none of the material that would be downloaded WOULD NOT be copywritten.

seeing as how this isn't against the law, can you tell me why its against the rules?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:54 pm

Jaysin wrote:i specifically said none of the material that would be downloaded WOULD NOT be copywritten.

seeing as how this isn't against the law, can you tell me why its against the rules?
Um, unlicensed anime definitely is copy<i>righted</i>, by the people who made it.
Yes, fansubs ARE illegal.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Jaysin
Org Profile

Post by Jaysin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:58 pm

jesus, what i meant was that none of the material i am going to download is going to have a copyright, making it 100% legal.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:06 pm

Jaysin wrote:jesus, what i meant was that none of the material i am going to download is going to have a copyright, making it 100% legal.
You said you were going to download unlicensed anime. That would involve getting a copy of the anime without going through the legal distributors who have the rights to distribute it.

Anime has copyrights on it whether it's been licensed for Stateside release or not. They belong to the people who originally made it.

It's not legal. Get over it.
ImageImage

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:06 pm

Jaysin wrote:jesus, what i meant was that none of the material i am going to download is going to have a copyright, making it 100% legal.
...... That makes it Illegal.

/end

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:11 pm

post-it wrote:
...... That makes it Illegal.

/end
Well, not quite.

The other day, I downloaded a .ZIP file containing Episode 1 of Risky Safety, subbed, from <a href="http://www.animenation.net/anent/riskysafety/">AN Entertainment's official Risky Safety website</a>. That download was legal, because it was offered freely by AN Entertainment, the officially licensed R1 distributor for the series.

The downloading isn't what makes it illegal. The peer-to-peerness, because it implies that the distributors are being bypassed, is.
ImageImage

Jaysin
Org Profile

Post by Jaysin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:12 pm

i came here for help but all i got was a bunch of flaming hypocrits

mod, if your there, plz delete this post to prevent anymore stupidity

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:18 pm

Hypocrites?

That's a good one.

Pray tell, just where in this thread do you see hypocrisy?

And if by "flaming" you mean "pointing out that your post was against forum rules because it asks for assistance in illegal downloading, as well as explaining the illegality thereof when you didn't seem to get it (and by the way, it's still illegal)", then yes.

This thread can be locked now...
ImageImage

Return to “General AMV”