AC3 2004 AMV Contest (Deadline soon, FTP available)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:45 pm

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:submitted.
x2

(12 hours of uploading files... I just hope you got them) :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:25 am

Otohiko wrote:
Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:submitted.
x2

(12 hours of uploading files... I just hope you got them) :roll:
x3 (5 Hours of uploading an MPEG2)
"hey... no"

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:21 pm

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
heh, and now you know why I went for .avi versions of my vids (imagine how long it would take to load up 3 vids in HQ MPEG-2 @ about 7.5kbps rate? :x )

I wonder why there's no heads-up on the con itself over in the Con section yet? Anyway, I'll have to kick myself if I don't attend, and it's awesome to hear you guys are entering, especially since some of you happen to be among my favorite editors :P . Looking forward to seeing your work on teh local big screen!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:41 pm

Otohiko wrote:
Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
heh, and now you know why I went for .avi versions of my vids (imagine how long it would take to load up 3 vids in HQ MPEG-2 @ about 7.5kbps rate? :x )

I wonder why there's no heads-up on the con itself over in the Con section yet? Anyway, I'll have to kick myself if I don't attend, and it's awesome to hear you guys are entering, especially since some of you happen to be among my favorite editors :P . Looking forward to seeing your work on teh local big screen!
I like mpeg2's...
They run consitantly, Look great, and have usually next to no tech problems.

Oh well =o...
I'll be in canada soon.
"hey... no"

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:45 pm

Heh, well now that I've seen your vid, I'll be on the lookout for yours. Since I suspect I know which video(s) Bakadeshi and gene are planning to submit, I'll be on the lookout for those as well... :roll:

Al'x
Org Profile

Post by Al'x » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:53 pm

... submitted... I can never figure out this mpeg-2 stuff though so maybe it won't work...

BTW there is a two video limit per person/studio :?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:02 pm

Al'x wrote:BTW there is a two video limit per person/studio :?
There is??? Since when?

Geh, that wasn't mentioned in the .pdf :?

I hope they don't disqualify me as I sent 3. Will they? If they do... Well, it is partially my fault. Any way they could just strike out one of the submissions? :x

They ought to warn us more explicitly. I'll email them again I suppose.

[edit]

I emailed the coordinator. I honestly wish something can be done, such as simply getting rid of either one of my KareKano videos, to correct it. If only I could give the guy a heads-up, or re-do my info submission procedure or something...
Last edited by Otohiko on Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:08 pm

When you click on the link if you read the post it says two entries is the limit per person/production "Deadline for receiving videos is October 27th, 2004 at 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Also note that there is a two entry limit per person or group making submissions."

Just got to read a little more carefully.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:15 pm

...yeah. Except I took it that all the rules were in the .pdf and used it as my guide. My mistake, I know, but it would be slightly upsetting to be thrown out entirely because of fine print. :|

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:33 pm

Yeah the fine print will always get you.

(There is also a $25.00 entry fee to get into the contest as well.) lol

No I don't think they'll dq you for it.

Good luck.

Gene Starwind 21122

Return to “AMV Contests”