How Do You...... [hotlink a picture]

This forum is for posting images from anime shows. Please read the posting rules before posting in this forum.

How Do You...... [hotlink a picture]

Postby kingmarik909 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:10 pm

I was just wondering how in the world do you post pictures.I got a couple pictures of Marik Ishtar that I want to post.
Jesus is Lord!
kingmarik909

Postby angelx03 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:33 pm

First you need an external host. Check the sticky thread on this forum for host suggestions. I personally use Ourworld for the picture hosting. Then from that host website, copy the URL of the image. Then you copy this code noting the fact that you paste the image URL between the IMG tags:

Code: Select all
[img]PASTE URL OF THE IMAGE HERE![/img]

Here's an example. Say I want to post an image of evil Hikari from Konomini. I follow this code:

Code: Select all
[img]http://ourworld.cs.com/darkchibi07/konomini_cap18.JPG[/img]

With the code tags removed leaving just the img tags, I get this:

Just make sure you follow the rules listed in the sticky in order to determine what's allowed in the post.

Any questions? :P
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby kingmarik909 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:51 pm

Thank you very much. :lol: You were alot of help. :lol:

No I don't have any other questions. Thank you.
Jesus is Lord!
kingmarik909

Postby Blackwatch » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:38 pm

Best leave this up for the others that don't know how to post pics.
Goku vs. Majin Buu eating contest who wins?

:shock: the winner will shock you..
Blackwatch

Postby angelx03 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:58 pm

Blackwatch wrote:Best leave this up for the others that don't know how to post pics.

Or we could ask the mods to sticky this. :roll:
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby post-it » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:57 pm

I'm just curious about "how large" his pictures will be:
600 X 800 at 1,324,667 bits each? Thats kinda hard on Dial-up newbe's
post-it

Postby Feria » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:40 pm

Worse comes to worse, and theres something you still don't know how to do, go to the quote screen on someone whos already done it and copy them :roll:
The very thing that I am trying to prove to not exist is the very thing holding me back...
Feria

Postby oldwrench » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:58 pm

If you have images that are to large, or want to cut down the file size, for windows xp use the image resizer power toy. http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ySetup.exe
It's fast and does a very good job.
Where did you say I'm going?.... And what am I doing in a handbasket?

Come and join us on the tiny but fun forum at http://www.allanime.org
oldwrench

Postby Kageromaru » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:24 am

theres an easier way.. but you might lose quality. just copy the image from whatever paint program your using, and open up paint that came with your computer (normally you go to start>accecories>paint). Then paste it and go to edit>select all and you can shrink it until you think its right, or redo it if you screw it up. Then when your saving save it as JPG is you already dont. JPGs just get rid of uneeded quality. MP3s do the same, if you want really good music use AAC, and with paint youd use 16, 32 bit BMP. for paint you can always use PNG as well, just about the same as JPG just screws up the color :roll:
Kageromaru

Postby RedFusionX » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:05 am

Adobe Photoshop is what I use to resize my pics before posting, quick and effortless
"I've spent the last ten years of my life defending my country, I've sacrificed for it, fought for it, and bled for it, now it's time I got something back, so please just respect me and my fellow Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines as we continue to do this job."
Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because brave men stand willing to do violence on their behalf
RedFusionX
Warning: Attitude!

Postby NeoTyrant » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:53 pm

I also used Photoshop CS, its the very best tool you can get for this kind of work. I edited the logo below my name in the with this programm. :wink:
NeoTyrant

Postby oldwrench » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:39 pm

Kageromaru wrote:theres an easier way.. but you might lose quality. just copy the image from whatever paint program your using, and open up paint that came with your computer (normally you go to start>accecories>paint). Then paste it and go to edit>select all and you can shrink it until you think its right, or redo it if you screw it up. Then when your saving save it as JPG is you already dont. JPGs just get rid of uneeded quality. MP3s do the same, if you want really good music use AAC, and with paint youd use 16, 32 bit BMP. for paint you can always use PNG as well, just about the same as JPG just screws up the color :roll:

Actually power toy is easier, once installed it is in the right click menu. You just right click the file, select resize and select the size you want. you can reduce or enlarge picts of most formats. You can also set a custom size. It seems to do very well with quality and takes only four clicks for most of your resizing. The programers have made a few good power toys for xp.
Where did you say I'm going?.... And what am I doing in a handbasket?

Come and join us on the tiny but fun forum at http://www.allanime.org
oldwrench

Postby Zanos » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:08 pm

accually this is quiet embarrassing to say but..... whats is a url?
AMD Sempron 3000+,1GB DDR RAM,48xCDRW/DVD Drive,16x DVD Burner 9 in one flashcard reader,Gforce FX 5500, homemade 5.2 surroundsound (meaning two sub-woofers), 40GB HD, 250 GIG HD, 500W power supply.
Zanos

Postby Scintilla » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:59 pm

Zanos wrote:accually this is quiet embarrassing to say but..... whats is a url?

The address of a location or file on the World Wide Web; the string of characters that appears in your browser's address bar. For instance, this forum's URL is http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB .

What does it stand for again, Uniform Resource Locator? :?:
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Zanos » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:20 pm

[img]D:\my%20pics\Zanos's%20pics\darkstar.jpg[/img]

like that?
AMD Sempron 3000+,1GB DDR RAM,48xCDRW/DVD Drive,16x DVD Burner 9 in one flashcard reader,Gforce FX 5500, homemade 5.2 surroundsound (meaning two sub-woofers), 40GB HD, 250 GIG HD, 500W power supply.
Zanos

Next

Return to Anime Screencaps