Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Garylisk
Org Profile

Short AMVs for Short People: The Burial

Post by Garylisk » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:46 am

It's dead, and I accept that.

Check the web page for more info.
http://www.draconicdesigns.com/samv/

Basically, due to the fact that not very many people are interested, and that the project itself is making no progress due to there not being enough editors, or the editors not submitting their vids, etc... I'm killing the project.

Editors have until October 29th to get their videos they've made sent in to me. On October 30th, I will make a DivX encode of the project, and that'll be it.

After 2 years, I am tired of this project and all of its problems.

Thanks to all who tried to help make the project work. You know who you are. :up:
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

mankosuki
Org Profile

damn...

Post by mankosuki » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:39 pm

well this sucks, I was planning to do several more videos. I have ideas for like 20 of the tracks with a couple of them completely planned out in my head. I guess if you really want to quit there's nothing I can do about it, but couldn't you wait until May like you originally said? I thought you wanted to show it at the next AWA.

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:17 pm

Damn. This woulda been fun. Whatever, too bad I guess.
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:31 pm

Well here's the thing... for 2 years, I've had a lot of people who were like "Yeah cool, that's cool sounding, I'll do it!" and then they don't. And then those who DO do it are left thinking "Gee, I wonder when the project is actually gonna get finished." and it just goes around and around in circles.

I'm just really dissapointed that now that we have an FTP to use, and poeple can easily get their vids to me, they are still not uploading their vids, even though they are done. The FTP has been up since the 4th of October or so, and I've hat a grand total of 2 videos uploaded to the server, and no sign of anyone else giving a damn. Most people haven't even emailed me for the username and password.

And then, even supposing all the finished tracks get uploaded and we get tha tout of the way, new track requests will have to be filled and completed, and such... but again, I've not recieved but one email and a couple IM's on AOL.

OK, now, I'm not expecting my mailbox to overflow with requests, and I'm not expecting all the editors who have finished their vids to be rushing to upload their finished AMVs, but you know, there haven't even been enough of those events happening to call it a handful. More like a scattered few incidents.

If you don't see why this is discouraging, something is wrong.

And on top of that, I was mega-depressed last night about an issue I won't even bring up because I ended up making a total ass of myself last night/earlier today, and just figured "You know what, this is so ridiculous, since this is supposed to be fun, but instead, I'm beating myself up over it."

That being said, do you really think I should wait until May? I mean, I'm fairly easy to sway one way or the other.. call me flakey, I guess... but honestly, when I look ahead, I just don't see the project even being done come May. Even if I do release a shortened tracklist. Even if I do set the deadline and get on editors' asses on an individual basis... it just seems like there's not enough interest...

..And yet, every time I bring up the subject of the project, people say it sounds fun.

So I dunno what to think.

What do you all think?

mankosuki
Org Profile

Post by mankosuki » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:35 pm

Personally, I would love to continue working on the project. Like I said, I have a bunch of ideas that I wanted to do for it and have already planed out.

If you still wanted to show it at AWA, there's plenty of time for more videos to get finished so there's no need to stop yet. Even if we aren't able to fill every slot, we can at least get a few extra in.

I understand that it's frustrating and all, but please keep it open for at least a couple more months. If you're absolutely fed up and don't want to continue though, I wouldn't mind takeing over for you. :wink:

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:16 am

i have a few of the videos, i made, but without the sources i had no way to remaster then to viewable quality.

RIP smfsp

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:49 pm

i'll take 30 more tracks

mankosuki
Org Profile

Track 37 Complete

Post by mankosuki » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:47 am

I made a video for <A HREF="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 206">Track 37</A> today. I should have the Huffy uploaded to the FTP soon.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:59 am

OK well, due to the response here, as well as some correspondance in private, I've decided to keep the May 1st deadline, but I am still very skeptical of the project reaching completion.

Go ahead and prove me wrong, guys.

I'll finish my videos as well.

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:30 am

I understand people can be aggrivating; you just gotta keep moving.

Godspeed, to Gary and the editors. :up:
Image Image

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”