Who Was Your First?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Rini210
Org Profile

Post by Rini210 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:11 pm

Alumanim Studio's "Blue Mercury" it's still a good one, but not in my top 5. (I don't even like Sailor Mercury!)

aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:54 pm

Professional 666 wrote:Avatar_3k's "Smoke" by Natalie Imbruglia done to Eva.

The most underrated and forgotten awesome creator ever!
I first talked to Farrell (Avatar_3k) years ago and still keep in contact with him. I didn't see his videos until after I had done a few, but his really motivated and inspired me. I felt really pushed artistically by him and you can see his influence in some of my videos (the flashing/filter effects in Venus in a Bottle were inspired by his Battle Angel video.) Also I came up with the picture-in-picture effect for Dreams of Red because I loved how he used multiple non-transparent video tracks in his Smoke and Bebop-Porcelain videos.

The first videos I remember are probably some of Duane Johnsons, Cko's, and even Scott Melzers at the Otakon AMV contests years ago (I started going to Otakon in like 1995.)

I still like and watch many of these old videos. I'll break out my Duane Johnson or Avatar CDs from time to time when I need a little inspiration of my own. I always loved the theme and emotion that Duane was able to put into his videos. Anyone trying to study other AMVs to see what makes them good definitly needs to see Duane's old vids.

~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios

aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:59 pm

One more note ... I was assuming Avatar_3K was a guy by the name Farrell Lecorps. I don't believe he goes by "Avatar" anymore, but that's what his old vids may be known under.

~William Milberry

Aneino_Kaijin
Org Profile

heh

Post by Aneino_Kaijin » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:02 pm

Dragonsong12's "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" vid about duo. I still laugh. :-)

nullptr
Org Profile

Post by nullptr » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:26 pm

aluminumstudios wrote:One more note ... I was assuming Avatar_3K was a guy by the name Farrell Lecorps. I don't believe he goes by "Avatar" anymore, but that's what his old vids may be known under.

~William Milberry
Are you talking about paladine?

Duncan

aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:25 pm

Aye! That be him.
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios
http://www.aluminumstudios.com

grayplague
Org Profile

Post by grayplague » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:51 pm

I honestly dont know who made it.

It was Evangelion to some piano piece. It was at like 3fps.
/::.:.. <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... er_id=1190" target="#new"><b>my profile</b></a> ..:.::/|/::.:.. <a href="http://www.ijouhassei.com" target="#new"><b>my site</b></a> ..:.::/

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:01 pm

Ack, mine was some DBZ vid. I have no idea who made it or what the song was. It also consequently did not get me started on AMV, that didn't happen till later.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:26 am

I just remembered another video I saw early on. (On the subject of nostalgia anyway)
It was the End of Eva video done by the "Guy on ICQ with too much time on his hands" to Flight of the Valkyries. Kick ass vid.

I also remember seeing "Bitches" by XianPower fairly early on, as well as "Engel" from Kevil Kaldwell.

This was all before I even knoew this site existed, heh. I got most of these vids from Scour Exchange... Except Bitches. SOmeone had that vid on their webpage in very low quality ASF.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Answers

Post by the Black Monarch » Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:08 am

My first was an Evangelion video set to "Larger than Life" by the Backstreet Boys. It's actually what got me started on Eva. Without Backstreet, I would not have discovered the wonderful world of Eva. What a sad existence that was.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “General AMV”