The Korean Guilty Gear Project: Interest Gauge

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

The Korean Guilty Gear Project: Interest Gauge

Post by inthesto » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:12 pm

So, now that I'm done with school, I think I'm going to give this idea a second shot. Nobody showed interest the first time, but maybe people's minds have changed? Beats me, but I'd like to try again regardless.

I lost the original mix I made, but it wasn't perfect in the first place. I used the old timemarks as a guideline to make this new mix, but I altered the end a bit. You can find the sample mix here. As with last time, this is just a sample to get a feel for the music. No lyrics, just a lot of video game metal. The time markings are as follows:

1. Redemption (Character Select) ~ 0:00 - 1:03
2. Child of the Wild (Chipp Zanuff) ~ 1:03 - 2:20
3. Ricochet (Baiken) ~ 2:20 - 3:02
4. Blacklight Babe (I-No) ~ 3:02 - 4:15
5. Desert Dust (Johnny) ~ 4:15 - 5:24
6. Dogs on the Run (Axl Low) ~ 5:24 - 6:29
7. Dead Silence (Same Character EX) ~ 6:29 - 7:30
8. Revelations (Sol vs Ky) ~ 7:30 - 9:27
9. The Midnight Carnival (Last Battle) ~ 9:27 - 11:51

I slapped this together in a fairly short amount of time, so some of the transitions are naturally quite shaky. The track selections are quite prone to change (I personally think 5, 6, and 7 are too "light" in comparison to the rest). However, if the music interests you and you want to work with some instrumental stuff, please leave a post saying you'd like to work on this so I can know how busy my summer will be, exactly.
Last edited by inthesto on Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Org Profile

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:40 am

yo, i haven't even heard it yet and i'm interested, i love the GGXX soudtrack.

If you want an easier host for this mix i can put it on my site, just let me know.

edit: ok, now that i've listened to the mix i can quite safely say i wanna be involved in this project, and the mix you've put together is quite good, but there just needs to be a bit of work on some of the transitions, but not as many as you might think, PM me later if you want me to go into more detail on my opinion ( i can't right now i'm at college...)

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:39 pm

EDIT: Everything that was in this post is now obsolete.
Last edited by inthesto on Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:43 pm

Heh, I was judged on my joining date before. Maybe that's the reason. Yeah, I like GuiltyGearX music. I was gonna download the file but I went to the page and was all confused and shiz so I just said screw it. :?

Seems you made it into 6 parts. I'll give it a download now. :P

Edit: Nevermind. RAR files are a pain in the ass. :(

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:39 am

EDIT: This one too.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:09 am

Well, since edits don't seem to bump a topic, I guess I'll have to make a new post to do it manually.

I'm crossing my fingers in positive hopes.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:28 am

Ok I'm very interested. Currently dling the mix. What about tecnical specs, deadline and such ?

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:48 pm

I'll set those after I've decided whether or not the project is going to happen.

Chances are, I'm going to want 720x480 HuffYUVs at 29.97 FPS (the standard fare, as far as I know). Don't know when the deadline will be, but I doubt it'll be any time before the end of August. Other than that, I'd appreciate no more than one use per series (i.e. this doesn't become the Naurto Gear XX project), although any series is good to go (I try to be open-minded about overuse). The project will most likely be heavily action-oriented anyway.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:43 pm

Hm ... not bab but most transitions between the tracks do not sound very smooth maybe you should try to use a bit more crossfading at some points. I don't think this should be used as the final audio. btw. If possible I'd like to use Midnight Carnival. I still have to look for an anime tough ... but I think I'll use Dark Stalkers since it's very action orientated and has lots of motion.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:21 pm

Yeah, I already said in the initial post that this isn't the final mix :P I do know, however, that I'm keeping Redemption as the opening track and Revelations and The Midnight Carnival as the closers.

Unfortunately, I don't really know how audio crossfades work in Audacity. I'll have to figure it out sometime.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”