The Christmas Project - It has begun !!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Grover
Org Profile

Post by Grover » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:17 pm

:shock: why didn't you guys think of this last year i could have thrown this guy in :mrgreen:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=28967

anywho hope the projects comes out great I can't wait to see it

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:16 am

Finally started my preprocessing work for my track. I've discovered something wonderful about Tokyo Godfathers though. "Wonderful" in the sarcastic sense.

What it looks like to me is that Satoshi Kon and his animators decided to use this kind of jittery lighting effect, likely to look like fluorescent/dirty city lighting. It looks great, at it's native 29.97 fps progressive. Slow the video down to 24 fps, and you really start to notice the pixels bouncing around. So I'm a bit at a loss about how to filter this out. VagueDenoiser() made it look ugly. Msmooth() with high enough settings removes it, but it also removes snow....witch is a suboptimal solution. Deen() seems to remove some of it but not all; if the help files for it weren't a) extremely spase and b) in French, I might be able to figure out how to fix it. A strong enough temporal cleaner/smoother might be the ticket but I don't know what filter that would be....never needed one before.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:18 am

I can't spell in the mornings, or finish posts. Gah.

Anyone familiar enough with the concepts of filtering to help me out?

Guess I should have taken this to the Video Help forum, but I figured I'd ask in project first.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:47 pm

How much of the footage are we talking about here? If it's just a few short scenes you may want to consider the msmooth filter then adding in snow in Premeire. It'd take a little work but as long as we aren't talking about the entire video it shouldn't be that bad

kingmob_867
Org Profile

Post by kingmob_867 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:10 pm

Okay I've at hard at work making my AMV for this project and looking for a job and doing school work and house chores and not sleeping much..... :( But what I want to know is do we make our own opening and closing credits or will the heads of this project make one for us? I have no problem either way. :)
"Suicide carried off many. Drink, and the devil, took care of the rest."

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:31 pm

Actually, it's the opposite: only a few short scenes lack this 'effect'. I'm still playing with it. It probably only annoys me....:)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:54 am

Just FYI, the new Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas album, The Lost Christmas Eve is out. There are a few good tracks some people might be interested to use for their video. So if anyone is interested - buy a copy and pick out a song. It's quite good.

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:46 pm

Deen() with the proper settings seems to be fixing my woes, so this video will be in the creation starting...well...today, most likely. Might take a bit though, but I've got a month or two, it'll be done.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:32 am

It's taken me a while, but I've figured out what I'll use for source since NGE is taken. I hereby announce that my "Christmas at Ground Zero" video will now feature footage from ... drum roll ...

Excel Saga.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :twisted:

CPFuller
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

kingmob_867
Org Profile

Post by kingmob_867 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:35 pm

Hey everybody! I got a song suggestion for anyone who has pciked a song yet Merry Christmas Baby by Bruce Bsringsteen. Check it out one time :wink: .
"Suicide carried off many. Drink, and the devil, took care of the rest."

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”