80s Disco Dance Project -> Gauging interest

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:13 pm

That idea sounds great for me.

And since we have some members already interested in the 70's songs , I can think about any song of the 80's ^_^
Nothing usefull here .

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:37 am

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:
Katsumi_AMVs wrote:What about a new kind of multi editor project ? Something like , each editor have to choose his/her own track to be added to the project ...
Just need to decide if it's going to be 80's or 70's.

The only problem , like AD said , gonna be mix the songs together :(
I'm actually considering that, I havn't decided because of that same potential problem. THe other thing I thought of was do both 70s and 80s seperately as kind of segments of an entire project. kind of like how Animasia has fullscreen and widescreen as seperate segments with an Intermission. The 70s would go first with a Bio on the 70s Disco era or something in the intermission, and then an introduction to the 80s Funk era and the 80s section begins after that. I do see ADs point on the dificulty of editing to these kinds of songs, so thats why I'm leaving it up to each of your's imagination on actuall editing theme. An entire project based solely on dancing for example could possibly get quite boring.
Ya, that's a good idea. I'm leaning toward 70's though. 80's funk isn't really my style. But it could be fun.
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:47 pm

I love 70's and 80's music, so whatever is decided is cool with me. :D

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:23 pm

ok guys, I've decided to do both the 70s and 80s with the intermission idea.
I'll be preparing a selection of songs to pick from, but you'll also have the option of choosing your own favorite disco song, as long as it is from the 70s/80s. Once I get all the details worked out, I'll make the official thread with the details and such.

You will also have the option of doing more than 1 track if there are not alot of editors involved. Tracks will probably be limited to 30-60 seconds range each. I (or if a more competent mixer volunteers then he/she) will mix the songs chosen from you guys into one megamix that will be used in the final project. Each section (70s and 80s sections) will probably be limited to a maximum running time of 15 minutes, but most likely will be less, since I don't anticipate quite that much interest.

Any suggestions that you think I should consider for the official thread should be posted now. I should have the project ready in a few weeks. The deadline will be pretty far off, I don't want to pressure anyone working on the VG3 or ROS2 projects among others. It'll probably be summer sometime next year. before AWA at the latest I hope.

LadyDX, and Absolutedestiny, I might contact you guys privately for songs. My dad might already have these 70's songs, but if not I'll be contacting you guys ;p
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:09 am

Oh :shock:

Cool , if possible please , I want this song :

Group Name - Yarbrough & Peoples
Song Name : Don't Stop the Music
I think that this song it's an 80's , more specific 1981 (guessing)

Already have an idea of wich anime I can use for that song ^_^
Nothing usefull here .

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:49 pm

I tried skimming this topic, but I got really lost.

I'm not sure what the current status on the concept of the project is, but I think I'm interested either way.

I'd never miss a chance to do the Bee Gee's "You Should Be Dancing."

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:18 pm

I'm interested, i've been interested in gettingan80's project off theground for years but never ever tried.
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:19 pm

Well, I have been editing with Styx, so.... Uh, yeah. Enough said, I think.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:45 pm

Kalium wrote:Well, I have been editing with Styx, so.... Uh, yeah. Enough said, I think.
well this is particularly a Disco/funk project, so I don't think Styx would work ;p

Inthesto: I will start a new thread once I organize everything to anounce the project officially. That will hopefully clear up all the details for you.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:17 pm

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:I will start a new thread once I organize everything to anounce the project officially. That will hopefully clear up all the details for you.
Cool, I look forward to taking part in this. :up:

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”