80s Disco Dance Project -> Gauging interest

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:09 am

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:so... is it safe to assume that this is all the interest I'm going to get in this project? or are some of you still considering?
Yeah I'm in :D
The mixes that MJ posted previously sounds great too , I'm in doesn't matter wich songs you're going to choose for this project , I just drop out of this project if you choose songs that aren't oldies from 80's/70's :lol:
Nothing usefull here .

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:06 pm

I'm out. Not crazy about the mix and i've got a few projects I need to finish up.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

temaranight
Org Profile

Post by temaranight » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:28 pm

:? It's a bit too much 80's funk for me and not enough 70's disco...

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:40 pm

ok lets do this, whos interested in the 70s thing? I'll do wichever we have more potential editors for. I do know some of those songs AD posted, and they will work also. I wanted 80s first, but right now I don't think theres enough interest in the 80s mix atm to fill the track lists. So... lets see whos all interested if we do a mix of ADs 70s list. Ofcourse feel free to pimp your favorite disco track that you might want to edit to in particular that would mix well with the others and we may consider adding it.

The last choice would be to widen it up to both 70s and 80s... though it also widens the focus, so I'm not sure I want to do that yet, unless its the only way to get enough editors for the project ^^

So post a reply on if you want to do 70s, 80s, or either one, and if you have a track to suggest for yourself to add to the mix, post that aswell.

Thanks ^^
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:42 pm

Remember, my 70s list was just an example. I only picked one song from each artist and many have more than one good song and often songs that might be better.

What you might want to do is have people recommend any additional songs.

One thing which I do have concerns about - whichever project is chosen - is the difficulty of editing to many of these songs. A lot of the disco ones have lyrics about dancing and not much else... they can be very hard to edit to which is evident by the very very few videos in existance to songs like this.

Katsumi_AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Katsumi_AMVs » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:07 pm

What about a new kind of multi editor project ? Something like , each editor have to choose his/her own track to be added to the project ...
Just need to decide if it's going to be 80's or 70's.

The only problem , like AD said , gonna be mix the songs together :(
Nothing usefull here .

temaranight
Org Profile

Post by temaranight » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:29 pm

I have a couple of 70's Disco mixes (one of them being 26 mins. long) give me a bit and I'll either list the songs on them and/or post links so people can hear them..

I'd rather it be 70's..because most of the 80's stuff that I liked was from the late 80's.

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:42 pm

Ya, I'm totally interested. The mix from the first post is very good and I would totally take a track from that. But I would also love to take part in a 70's mix. Either way I'd love to join up!
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

temaranight
Org Profile

Post by temaranight » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:08 pm

Ok..if it's decided to go with the 70's here's a list of the songs I have on the 26 min long mix. I listened to the other and really out of the one's I have this one (to me at least) is the most varied.

The Hustle - Van McCoy
Night Fever - Bee Gees
Pop Musik - M
That's The Way I Like It - KC and the Sunshine Band
Got To Be Real - Cheryl Lynn
Ladies Night - Kool and the Gang
My Simple Heart -?
Good Times - Chic
We Are Family - Sister Sledge
The Beat Goes On - Ripple
The Second Time Around - Shalamar
Rock The Boat - Hues Corporation
Bad Girls - Donna Summer
(Take Your Time) Do It Right - S.O.S Band
Le Freak - Chic
Celebration - Kool and the Gang
Everybody Work Your Body - ?
Disco Night - GQ
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - Michael Jackson

If anyone's interested in this let me know and I'll post a link for the song.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Katsumi_AMVs wrote:What about a new kind of multi editor project ? Something like , each editor have to choose his/her own track to be added to the project ...
Just need to decide if it's going to be 80's or 70's.

The only problem , like AD said , gonna be mix the songs together :(
I'm actually considering that, I havn't decided because of that same potential problem. THe other thing I thought of was do both 70s and 80s seperately as kind of segments of an entire project. kind of like how Animasia has fullscreen and widescreen as seperate segments with an Intermission. The 70s would go first with a Bio on the 70s Disco era or something in the intermission, and then an introduction to the 80s Funk era and the 80s section begins after that. I do see ADs point on the dificulty of editing to these kinds of songs, so thats why I'm leaving it up to each of your's imagination on actuall editing theme. An entire project based solely on dancing for example could possibly get quite boring.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”