Head count for AWA :D

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:49 pm

Wonka wrote:Good to hear :D With an opportunity such as AWA to meet all of the tallented AMV creators out there, it would have been a crying shame if there was no place to hang out and actualy meet each others.
Same here. I kinda know the Atlanta area but i never really visit it much. The chance to put some faces to these names would be good....even if i can't join everyone for all the festivities.

Oh well....Vive ey deje vivir
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:09 pm

Jeez, I think people are kinda taking things a little too seriously these days. :roll: I can understand people not wanting to get slammed in a doc but asking Carlos to shoot around people because they are too high and mighty to be associated with something they feel is "childish and immature" seems really pompous to me. If you don't wanna be in the doc, stay away from the camera, I'm sure Carlos won't be seeking out unwilling particapants out of spite. What does he have to gain from causing that much real life tension and making the con uncomfortable for people. Anyway, I really hope to meet alot of you guys and have a good time despite your objections to our docs. :?

Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:58 pm

If we all agree to tea bag Machine would that solve the problem? :twisted:

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:03 pm

Red Wolf wrote:If we all agree to tea bag Machine would that solve the problem? :twisted:
Why waste all that tea?
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Akimbo
Org Profile

Post by Akimbo » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:18 am

Beowulf wrote:All I am asking all of you people, yes you aluminum, yes you jbone, yes you MTT, is to lighten up. We are trying to have a good time, and to make an entertaining product. I really hope none of you are personaly offended by anything we've said on the Docs. Its all one big joke guys. We find it hillarious. We take none of it seriously and its not our fault if you take it seriously. If you take it seriously then you have our humblest apologies, but don't think for a moment that I'm going to let a couple people who insist on making this difficult, ruin MY good time and fun. Not for one moment.
Yay! Thanks for bringing me into conversation I'm not a part of.

Man, someone reading your post they might think that I may have said some or all of those things. Then they would be like, "Yeah, Fuck those guys! They are offended by the docs!?! What uptight losers!"

Can I please speak for myself for a moment?

I have never said one bad thing about the docs. Never. Not a sentence, not a word. Not a syllable.

All I said was that I didn't want to be a part of it. Thats it. I would never want to ruin anyones fun. I just don't to be a part of it.

Unless I missed something, the only problem that any member of More Than Toast expressed about any doc is that the fact that we were in one when we asked not to be.

As Machine said in this very thread, he included us when he knew we didn't want to be. He apologizes, and it wont happen again. So all is good. Except...
Machine wrote:I guess he thinks he's too good for the last Doc or something....
But I'm sure I'll still get him on camera....
Its impossible to know if you are joking when you say things like that. Statements like that, in conjunction with the fact that people know you included us against our will, makes them apprehensive.

Its a pretty valid concern if you ask me.

Being on camera might not be a big deal to you, but it is to some. It doesn't matter what the reason is. For some people, at least, it has NOTHING to do with the content of the Docs. It has to do with not wanting to be on camera.
Beowulf wrote:People, we are a bunch of goobers. The ONLY solution to this is for people to lighten up and have fun. If you don't you will absolutely RUIN AWA for a lot of people including myself, and then we will have a shitty documentary that no one wants to watch.
Did you just plead with people who don't care about the documentaries to not ruin the documentaries? Now, thats funny.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:39 am

.....I most certainly don't want something like this to rip things appart, nor do I wish to take sides in who is right and wrong.

I feel this whole situation seems to exists since way too many people are already taking sides and throwing in thier opinons out in public. This should only be between the Mind Warp group and any individual who may have a problem with them being taped. THAT IS ALL so why don't we keep it that way to be fair to all the individuals involved. I respect both sides and feel us who have nothing to do with the situation should bother to take sides here to begin with...

Vlad

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:01 am

Before things get any uglier, I would just like to say that I believe the situation has been defused, and the parties involved are talking. No more need to add to the strife, which I have been guilty of myself.
I'm sure when it's all over, the involved parties will make their statements so that no one here has any misconceptions about what has happened regarding this topic in the past few weeks.

Now I'm going to get the 3 hours of sleep that I have left for tonight.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:18 am

I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun. It's just that seeing the Ushicon Doc, and seeing how many people watched it, made me realize that I'm not comfortable with a recording of the real me being distributed on the Internet. That's all.

I hope everything gets worked out. :)
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)

paizuri
Org Profile

Body Count for AWA :D

Post by paizuri » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:51 am

Big Big Truck wrote:I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun. It's just that seeing the Ushicon Doc, and seeing how many people watched it, made me realize that I'm not comfortable with a recording of the real me being distributed on the Internet. That's all.
So...you're saying there needs to be an officially-sanctioned EK cosplayer to draw attention away from real you? :o

I stand by my earlier comments. Do what you want and reap what you sow.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Big Big Truck
Org Profile

Post by Big Big Truck » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:25 am

I am sending a highly advanced android to attend AWA in my place. Please remember to fuel it regularly with Bombay Sapphire Gin.
(insert fannishly mangled rap lyric here)

Return to “AMV Contests”