The Christmas Project - It has begun !!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:05 pm

If you don't mind, I'd like to switch songs. I'd ordered a CD with a version of the song I was planning on using, only to find that it wasn't as good a remix as I'd hoped. So instead, I'd like to use the song (similar title, but different song) "All I Want for X-mas".
And about the official name of the project, I still like the name "The Christmas Project" the best. It's straightforward. If you really wanted other suggestions, the only thing I could think of would be something like "Project ChristmasMix". But the original name would still be my first choice.

Rosie-chan
Org Profile

Post by Rosie-chan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:54 pm

Rosie-chan

About the War is over song, you might have noticed, but I'm really into that Celine Dion CD. I have tonnes of CDs and versions of the song, but Oh Holy Night and War Is Over are by far my favourites in all, and Celine Dion does them justice. Then again, everyone is free to choose the version he or she wants :)

[/quote]

I probably like Celine Dion as well as you do and even have that chistmas CD (somewhere). ^_^ But I listened to a clip of the song to remind myself of it, and I think the tempo is a bit slow for my purposes. The music has to be able to keep up with the obligitory shots of fast moving mobile suits doing things ya know. I think I need something up to the tempo of the John Lennon version or faster.

Rumor has it that U2 did a cover of the song, so I'm trying to find a sample of that right now. However, the Jingle Bells? idea has refused to die...I may have been doomed from the moment my brain cast Marimeia as Miss Fanny Bright.

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:52 pm

OtakuForLife wrote:Is ok to finish it way before-hand? Probally have this done before
next tuesday.. Maybe wensday looking at a stack of dvds and
saying "what have I done". Anyway, this track is going to be dark
humor :)
Err. scrach that reverse it.. It'll probally be done tonight or tomarrow night :) Having way too much fun finding scenes and I'm going for a "retro-look" Solid cuts and Transitions Gore.

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:36 am

Complete Sources For The Toys R US Track:

Anime:
Spriggen
Ai Yori Aoshi
Robotech Macross Saga (Season One)
Kino's Journey
Hellsing
Voices of a Different Star
GTO
Gundam Wing
Grave of The Fire Flies

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:28 pm

Started mine a few days ago, I need a few assistants, I'm sure I can recruit some people no biggy.
"hey... no"

RedFusionX
Warning: Attitude!
Org Profile

Post by RedFusionX » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:55 am

Won't be able to participate now, my squadron just upped our ops tempo, I have no more free time
"I've spent the last ten years of my life defending my country, I've sacrificed for it, fought for it, and bled for it, now it's time I got something back, so please just respect me and my fellow Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines as we continue to do this job."
Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because brave men stand willing to do violence on their behalf

Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:08 am

OtakuForLife

Glad to know people are actually working hard on the video ^.^ I'll be putting up upload instructions soon for everyone. I apologise for any inconvienence :)

Can't wait to see the commerical hehe ^_^

IcyCloud

Song switching isn't a problem indeed unless the songs is already chosen. ^.^

About Project ChristmasMix, hmm doesn't sound right. Too corny I think o.O I sitll like The Xmas Effect most ^.^'

Voices_Of_Ryan

I trust in your leadership skills to take care of the section. Don't hestitate to ask me if you need any help though :D

RedFusionX

Thats too bad :( Thanks anyways ^.^

Project Slots! - Who is signed up, what music and what anime he or she chose

Editor - Song - Anime/s

Muyo Ryu - (Undecided) - Card Captor Sakura
kingmob_867 - I'll be home for Christmas - Love Hina
Greenjinjo - Angels we have heard on high - N.G Evangelion
rogueintellectproductions - Weird Al's Christmas at Ground Zero - N.G Evangelion
godix - Southpark's Dead Dead Dead - Love Hina
Sousaphonist - Oh Holy Night - Tokyo Godfathers
DaPatches - (Undecided) - Sailor Moon
AMV_4000 - (Undecided) - (Undecided) =^.^=
IcyCloud - All I Want for X-mas - If I See You In My Dreams
OtakuForLife - Toys R Us Kid - Various
Rosie-chan - War Is Over - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Themaan - Here Comes Santa Clause - Trigun
Voices_Of_Ryan - Surprize =^.^=

"Who said you'll be going to hell when you die.
.... you're already living it." - Zabuza

Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:03 pm

Notice

Deadline is getting closer, and I finally had the time to get some work done myself, with 2 slot finished (Mine and OtakuFireLifes') and many others in progress.

I would like anyone who is hast he word undecided next to his name, to message me with the missing information, iether song or anime by the end of this week. If he or she fails to read this message, I will Private Message them personally, so don't worry, you won't miss this for sure :P Unless you quit that is hehehe (*Maybe it's time I just shut up and keep going*)

Anyways ... lol, thats all for that

Updates

Name: I thought about it for a loooooong while, and I really couldn't swollow the name The Christmas Project. I'm sorry for all those who liked it, but do you immagine having something like this happen maybe next year and call it The Christmas Project 2005 >.<

So it is finally official, the name is gonna be ...
*drumroll*
"The Xmas Effect" =^.^=

Intro: I still have no idea what to put up as an intro of the project. Actually I had the greatest plan going, but It's gonna take time. Yet, having the main slot done, I think I can take my time in working on it. After all theres still time for the deadline

IMPORTANT

The sign up is not over, SO, if you know anyone that would like to join, or you WOULD like to join yourselves, don't hesitate. As seen in the first page of the thread, the requirments aren't very high hehe, and you don't need to make a 5 minute clip anyway. Anything christmasy that's up to human standards should do :P :)

So get a move on and sign up people :D !!!

"Uncle Ryu, Whats You!"
"Who said you'll be going to hell when you die.
.... you're already living it." - Zabuza

Rosie-chan
Org Profile

Post by Rosie-chan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:19 pm

Hello.

This is me officialy declaring defeat on my quest to find a usable version of "War is Over". So the vid will be Endless Waltz to "Jingle Bells?"

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Songbird21
Org Profile

Post by Songbird21 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:12 am

IcyCloud wrote:I'd like to join up. As of right now, I think I would like to use the song "All I Want for Christmas is You" set to the anime If I See You In My Dreams.
*Snaps fingers* Damn. I wanted that song.

Well, seeing as that's the only song I wanted to do then I can't do this, but if you would like another anime that has snow scenes to add to the list Fruit's Basket has 2 episodes full of snow. :)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”