The Christmas Project - It has begun !!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:07 pm

heh, I have a funny. How about Here Comes Santa Clause with Trigun, it would obviously be a total parody so try and slot me in accordingly :wink:
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:33 pm

Rosie-chan wrote:Looking for song help: does anyone know of particularly good versions of "So This is Christmas" (aka "War is Over") out there? I know of the original John Lennon version (the copy I heard, the sound quality wasn't good and it had Yoko Ono singing in it, not a good thing), one by Neil Daimond (Not bad, although I only have it on casette tape) and one by Celine Dion (I would need to dig up the CD to remember wat I think about it.)

(continues to hunt for the family christmas CDs)
The Cruxshadows did a cover of that song...

Rosie-chan
Org Profile

Post by Rosie-chan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:26 pm

dokool wrote:
Rosie-chan wrote:Looking for song help: does anyone know of particularly good versions of "So This is Christmas" (aka "War is Over") out there? I know of the original John Lennon version (the copy I heard, the sound quality wasn't good and it had Yoko Ono singing in it, not a good thing), one by Neil Daimond (Not bad, although I only have it on casette tape) and one by Celine Dion (I would need to dig up the CD to remember wat I think about it.)

(continues to hunt for the family christmas CDs)
The Cruxshadows did a cover of that song...
Knowing you...is it a techno/metal/heavy rock remix? If I do go with this song, I'd more likely be leaning toward something more traditional-sounding (well, as "traditional" as John Lennon gets.) Unless it's really good techno/rock (but not metal or rap).

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:37 am

Rosie-chan wrote:
dokool wrote:The Cruxshadows did a cover of that song...
Knowing you...is it a techno/metal/heavy rock remix? If I do go with this song, I'd more likely be leaning toward something more traditional-sounding (well, as "traditional" as John Lennon gets.) Unless it's really good techno/rock (but not metal or rap).

"Knowing you"? What exactly are you implying? I'm not sure whether to be offended or not, as I listen to a wide variety of music and happen to have a broad interest across multiple genres.

But to answer your questions, the Cruxshadows are a bit on the goth side of things. I'll grab an mp3 from my friend when I get back to my dorm if you'd like to hear it.

RedFusionX
Warning: Attitude!
Org Profile

Post by RedFusionX » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:03 am

I have some scenes from Patlabor TV that are very holiday, and there is an actual episode featuring a christmas theme

And how does Manheim Steamroller sound?
"I've spent the last ten years of my life defending my country, I've sacrificed for it, fought for it, and bled for it, now it's time I got something back, so please just respect me and my fellow Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines as we continue to do this job."
Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because brave men stand willing to do violence on their behalf

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:03 am

Ok, toy's r us kids will be marked as Various

Including:
Hellsing
Macross Plus
Kino's Journys
Robotech (may drop it)
EOE

As for titles, how about The X-mas Effect?

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:12 am

and a few other surprises :twisted:

Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:22 pm

I apologise for disappearing so sudeenly, but I was sick and I couldn't really get on the PC :( . But I'm ok now so everything should be back to normal. Now to reply to the messages :D

Toji Fujawara

I'm sorry you have to drop out, yet I understand. Well, it is not a problem really, I can't force you into working on it anyway :P Even myself, I have tonnes of work to do, but seeing everyone working so hard on it, I decided to give it my best shot, and lead the project into being a great success :D !!!

Rosie-chan

About the War is over song, you might have noticed, but I'm really into that Celine Dion CD. I have tonnes of CDs and versions of the song, but Oh Holy Night and War Is Over are by far my favourites in all, and Celine Dion does them justice. Then again, everyone is free to choose the version he or she wants :)

themaan

Glad to have ya :) Here Comes Santa Clause is up on the list :)

RedFusionX

About the song .. hmm .. i'm not too convinced :S ANy chance that can be changed ?

OtakuForLife

And as Various is shall be marked. I can't wait to see this slot of the project hehehe =^.^=

About the name, I think "The X-Mas Effect" is probably the best suggestion so far, so it'll go up to first option :D ! Thanks :D !!!

Project News

I spoke to Voices_of_Ryan, and he might also have a part in the commerial section with his latest trailer !!!! It would be an honour for me to have a part of his trails in a project i'm leading, since I'm a really big fan of his works :)

Project Slots! - Who is signed up, what music and what anime he or she chose

Editor - Song - Anime/s

Muyo Ryu - (Undecided) - Card Captor Sakura
kingmob_867 - I'll be home for Christmas - Love Hina
Greenjinjo - Angels we have heard on high - N.G Evangelion
rogueintellectproductions - Weird Al's Christmas at Ground Zero - N.G Evangelion
godix - Southpark's Dead Dead Dead - Love Hina
Sousaphonist - Oh Holy Night - Tokyo Godfathers
DaPatches - (Undecided) - Sailor Moon
AMV_4000 - (Undecided) - (Undecided) =^.^=
IcyCloud - All I Want for Christmas is You - If I See You In My Dreams
OtakuForLife - Toys R Us Kid - Various
Rosie-chan - (Undecided) - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Themaan - Here Comes Santa Clause - Trigun

"Who said you'll be going to hell when you die.
.... you're already living it." - Zabuza

RedFusionX
Warning: Attitude!
Org Profile

Post by RedFusionX » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:04 pm

How does Winter Wonderland sound?

I am going through my Christmas CDs right now
"I've spent the last ten years of my life defending my country, I've sacrificed for it, fought for it, and bled for it, now it's time I got something back, so please just respect me and my fellow Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines as we continue to do this job."
Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because brave men stand willing to do violence on their behalf

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:28 pm

Is ok to finish it way before-hand? Probally have this done before
next tuesday.. Maybe wensday looking at a stack of dvds and
saying "what have I done". Anyway, this track is going to be dark
humor :)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”