Announcing the successor to the NES and RVG Projects....

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Announcing the successor to the NES and RVG Projects....

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:50 pm

Due the ultra massive success of the NES and RVG projects, we are excited to start on the next project called....

VG3 - Video Game Project 3 (hey it rhymes :))

Now focusing on 32/64 bit and below!

New systems: PSX, N64, PC, and Saturn

Returning systems: SNES, Genesis, NES, etc..

Now that DDR has ended, we know a few editors are going to need a new home and we now have the opportunity to make the project alot longer so that means we can recruit more people.

We talked to and interviewed alot of people at AWA on whether they would like to join VG3 and alot of people were excited to join. I want to know who was serious about joining so we can accomodate open slots in the projects for you guys.

------------------------------

Track Selection 1 - Returning RVG Editors

Returning editors who have completed a video for the RVG Project get first priority to select tracks. Here are the following people who rawk and are eligible.

mexicanjunior
Fluxmeister
Castor Troy
Machine
Ean
Pwolf
Hitori
Wired Knight
VegettoEX
AMV_4000
BigDude
Teknoboy
Zarxrax
Kenshin
Wonka and Beowulf
Vancore

Returning editors have until early november to select a track and a concept. Remember that you can change your track at any time afterwards so don't feel any need to rush.

------------------------

Track Selection 2 - Newcomers from AWA

For anyone who we have talked to at AWA who has shown interest and we feel is trustworthy to join the project. Here are some of the names that I can recall...

AbsoluteDestiny
DokiDoki
AluminumStudios
gambitt
Grover and Maverick
Dugan Chen
Kusoyaro

and if you are missing from this list... please reply!

You all have until early December to pick out a track and concept. Remember you can change your track at anytime afterwards so don't feel that you have to rush it. ;)

-----------------------

Track Selection 3 - NES editors who did not finish for RVG

For people who finished a track for the NES Project and could not finish RVG, we still want to have you on board.

First of all, if you still have the source of your videos, please keep them and you can start editing on them right now.

Eligible people...

Hakura
doughboy
Chaos Angel
OmniStrata
RedWolf
Rozard
Vash
Ashyukun
dwchang
DannyWilson

You can still edit your unfinished tracks at this very moment or wait until early Feb to change your tracks. So I hope none of you deleted your sources!

------------------------

Track Selection 4 - Everyone else

In case we need more people because of dropouts, then people we feel are trustworthy can join the project... however...

We will see if we have any more open spots on the project next spring March/April 2005.

You must make a short beta of your concept to prove yourselves to us. If we approve then you will have a spot in the project. Do not edit until the first 3 track selections have been finalized next spring.

WE WILL NOT JUST HIRE ANYBODY!

-------------------------

We cannot guarantee that EVERYONE will get a spot due to time limits, etc...

We will absolutely NOT tolerate the lollygagging of last year so if you feel that you can't be dedicated, then quit and leave room for someone else.

--------------------------

For anyone under Track Selection 2, please reply to this thread or email us (with a WORKING email address) to let us know if you are truly interested. We hope it just wasn't all drunk talk at AWA :P

Because of the end of DDR, we are going to shoot for a 1-2 hour project.

So everyone on this list, please email Flux (cc the email to me as well) 2 tracks you would like to do and your anime choice and idea. We are open to all sorts of tracks now (drama/action/dance/fun) but we mostly prefer more dance/action/fun. We will let you know if we approve of a certain track or not. Remember that you will only get ONE of the 2 tracks you want to do so let us know which one you want to do more.

Tracks can be found at...

http://www.ocremix.org/index.php
http://www.vgmix.com/

Many other places

If you can find a good mix not listed on those sites, then let us know!

-----------------------------

Our contact info

mexicanjunior (Sotero Lopez) - Producer
AIM: MexicanJunior
email: mexicanjunior@hotmail.com

Fluxmeister (Tim Stair) - Director
AIM: nhmkamv
email: fluxmeister@yahoo.com

Castor Troy (Ryan Molina) - Asisstant Coordinator
AIM: castortroy3g (I will redirect you to my private AIM name)
email: vegetainsane@hotmail.com

-----------------------------------------

We will be working on an official VG3 page and have a new mailing list setup for everyone. So I hope everyone is motivated and we'll blow away the previous project! :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:56 pm

must get Black Heaven DVDs back...bwahahahaha!

(has his beta in mind already)

BEWARE, COWARDS!
Life's short.
eBayhard.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Re: Announcing the successor to the NES and RVG Projects....

Post by SnhKnives » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:57 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
For anyone who we have talked to at AWA who has shown interest and we feel is trustworthy to join the project. Here are some of the names that I can recall...

AbsoluteDestiny
DokiDoki
AluminumStudios
gambitt
Grover and Maverick
Dugan Chen
Kusoyaro

............h8 you

you forgot i was interested....CARLOS EVEN GOT ME SAYING THAT ON CAMERA!!!! omgwtf

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:01 pm

I may be interested if I hear a track that absolutely screams out "YOU MUST EDIT TO ME." I don't want to join just for the sake of joining, and then do a mediocre video to a song that I'm not that enthusiastic about. So...we'll see :)
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:31 pm

Just to play devil's advocate... and because I haven't really had a chance to talk to anyone involved with the project...

I'm a bit confused over the point of including ALL past systems in each project. I think as the projects continue, there is less and less focus on what the project is named for, and just becomes "Make videos about any video games you want," which isn't as coherent as it could be.

PERSONALLY (and just ignore me), I'd like to see the next project be dedicated to ONE generation, just as I thought retro should have been 16-bit only. I mean, 32/64 bit "and below" includes N64, Sega Saturn, Sony PlayStation, PC-Engine, Jaguar, 3DO, Neo-Geo, SNES, Genesis, NES, Megadrive, GameBoy, GameGear, Atari 2600... etc...

There's just no focus to that. I mean, imagine a <I>MegaMan 2</I> video followed by a <I>Final Fantasy VII</I> video; that just makes no sense.

But that's my opinion.

I'd still love to do a track, and it will probably be of the 32-bit generation. I have absolutely no real ideas (well... maybe one... but no song, yet...) so I can't say what I'd like to do, just yet ^^;;
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:37 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Just to play devil's advocate... and because I haven't really had a chance to talk to anyone involved with the project...

I'm a bit confused over the point of including ALL past systems in each project. I think as the projects continue, there is less and less focus on what the project is named for, and just becomes "Make videos about any video games you want," which isn't as coherent as it could be.

PERSONALLY (and just ignore me), I'd like to see the next project be dedicated to ONE generation, just as I thought retro should have been 16-bit only. I mean, 32/64 bit "and below" includes N64, Sega Saturn, Sony PlayStation, PC-Engine, Jaguar, 3DO, Neo-Geo, SNES, Genesis, NES, Megadrive, GameBoy, GameGear, Atari 2600... etc...
I agree with the focus on one generation of systems...* But it's up to the project heads.

*does make sense... NES was based on NES, Retro 2 was based on all Systems 16-bit and lower... Maybe a theme for Retro 3?
ImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:51 pm

People still played their NES games when PSX came out :P

Unlike DDR which had a set amount of tracks per mix, VG mixes are individual for the most part so we have to put them all together.

Remember that video gaming is timeless. Look at all the remakes of old games coming out for newer systems. People still play a massive amount of NES roms and do alot of collecting. We want the projects to focus on all of video gaming in general.

I do understand that people were expecting the projects to move on and only focus on the generation being shown. I personally thought that RVG would called the "SNES Project" but Flux and MJ decided to still include the NES in it. Plus we also have a more wide variety of mixes to chose from.

This is why we don't call the projects by a specific system name anymore after the NES.

Maybe there is or isn't a big focus but we just can't leave out all of the awesome older remixes that weren't used.

So the focus is mostly video gaming in general... I hope :P

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:29 pm

Each project has had a number of new editors who may have different tastes in games. I'd rather leave the opportunity for people to work with anything they are passionate about as opposed to locking them to a specific system (NES being the exception because there are simply more remixes out there for the NES than any other system... or so it seems)

I like the idea of variety... ff7 can follow megaman2 anyday :P
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:34 pm

Just to note..

Anyone up on the lists who don't select a track by their selective deadlines can still choose tracks but it will leave you all less open to tracks as the months pass by since everyone else will get them all :P

So no matter who you are... don't wait till August to select a track. :roll:

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:39 pm

I have to admit I don't like the lack of focus either but there is a severe shortage of tracks when we don't do this. Especially for the N64 O_o I downloaded all of them for every N64 game I played in a day to find a track. Also I don't think it will be as entertaining with three-d sprites dancing as it is when we watch headbanging rivercity ransom.

And Castor, I'm doubling up on tracks this year so I better see that horrible Zelda ad in the project now :twisted:
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”