The Christmas Project - It has begun !!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:17 am

:o !! First of all I apoligise for the double post, and sencond for that repetition :o !!! >.< !!!

Sorry all =^.^'=
"Who said you'll be going to hell when you die.
.... you're already living it." - Zabuza

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:30 pm

hay sorry im taking so long to choose im haveing trouble making a good choice i want this to be good. Damn my thinking outside the christmas stuff
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:02 pm

OtakuforLife-A possible recommendation? There's one episode in Those Who Hunt Elves where they find a town filled with huge stuffed animals that attack them...
Life's short.
eBayhard.

kingmob_867
Org Profile

Post by kingmob_867 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:31 pm

Here's a suggestion: How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I know it's not an anime but maybe someone could rip the music or buy the soundtrack. Also I mean the cartoon not the stupid live action movie!! And it is avalible on DVD.
"Suicide carried off many. Drink, and the devil, took care of the rest."

Rosie-chan
Org Profile

Post by Rosie-chan » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:01 pm

If anyone can forgive my unorthodox tastes in music, I have to throw this one up as a chalange: a video, probably comedy, done to...

*drumroll*

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 46">Barbra Streisand: "Jingle Bells?"</a>
(link goes to amazon.com page for the album with resiquite 30-second sample, but the sample doesn't do it justice. It's *the* best rendition of Jingle Bells <I>ever</I>, IMO.)

I'd do it myself but the only Christmas footage I have is Sailor Moon (taken) and Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (a real stretch, I think, but it *could* be done...in theroy.)

Do you prefer that more experienced editors work on this project? I'm interested but I'm still a n00b working on my first video.

Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:56 am

Toji Fujawara

Please do take your time, by all means. We are tight due to time, but we don't want to rush it and make everything look terribly wrong. =^.^=

Sousaphonist

"OtakuforLife-A possible recommendation? There's one episode in Those Who Hunt Elves where they find a town filled with huge stuffed animals that attack them..."

Nice one. Even Card Captor Sakura had an episode with a lot of stuffed animals attacking her >.>. I forgot what card it was though ... Jump maybe? o.O

kingmob_867

There's an actually cartoon to that? :shock: I'll look up the song though, I think one of my firneds has the CD =^.^=

Rosie-chan

First of all, thanks for the suggestion. :D I never heard that version of the song, but I think it would be neat to have a carol which is so popular amoungst all generations =^.^=

"Do you prefer that more experienced editors work on this project? I'm interested but I'm still a n00b working on my first video."

Now, I don't know how this was handled in any other project, since this is the second Multi Editor Project I'm working on and it's the first i'm in charge of.

I don't really find it a problem with a "n00b" taking part in the project, at all. Still, there are some things to be taken care off. Such as, Do you use Adobe Premiere or Windows Movie Maker o.O ? Can you adjust the settings so that when you export your project, the quality will live up to the others ? Did you have time to read the guides of DVD ripping and such ?

Hehe, as you can see, I didn't ask anything that it would only take an experienced editor to do. Choosing, Setting and Reading hehe =^.^=

If you can do that, and can live by the rules given in the first post, then welcome in, else ... :?

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:01 am

Muyo_Ryu wrote: Rosie-chan

"Do you prefer that more experienced editors work on this project? I'm interested but I'm still a n00b working on my first video."

Now, I don't know how this was handled in any other project, since this is the second Multi Editor Project I'm working on and it's the first i'm in charge of.

I don't really find it a problem with a "n00b" taking part in the project, at all. Still, there are some things to be taken care off. Such as, Do you use Adobe Premiere or Windows Movie Maker o.O ? Can you adjust the settings so that when you export your project, the quality will live up to the others ? Did you have time to read the guides of DVD ripping and such ?

Hehe, as you can see, I didn't ask anything that it would only take an experienced editor to do. Choosing, Setting and Reading hehe =^.^=

If you can do that, and can live by the rules given in the first post, then welcome in, else ... :?
*Nods* Don't feel intimidated by the fact that this is a Multi-Editor Project. Many of the editors involved in Animix were newbies, or at least not <i>totally</i> experienced. Didn't stop all 5 parts from kicking ass.

However, as Muyo mentioned, the same rules of quality apply to all editors, so you should probably make sure that you can create a video to our technical specifications (720x480 24FPS HuffYUV) before you make any decisions. I'm on AIM if you need help with anything, although my hours are somewhat weird...

-DOKool

Rosie-chan
Org Profile

Post by Rosie-chan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:57 am

Muyo_Ryu wrote:I don't really find it a problem with a "n00b" taking part in the project, at all. Still, there are some things to be taken care off. Such as, Do you use Adobe Premiere or Windows Movie Maker o.O ? Can you adjust the settings so that when you export your project, the quality will live up to the others ? Did you have time to read the guides of DVD ripping and such ?

I do know that Cinelerra and the various Linux tools (with some outside help via AVISynth once I get my machine working so it will run it) can do all those things just as well. ^_^ And yes, I've been READFAGing obsessively.

That said, I'll tentitively snag a spot with Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz as footage and a currently undecided song.

Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:11 pm

Music Proposal

For the opening of the project, I would like to have someone work on a piece with Various anime to a given song. Personlly, I would love to make the opening slot myself, in fact, I will be helping out that person a lot in it, but I don't seem to have the right footage. Hehe ^.^

Project Name

Anyone having any suggestions on the actual name of the project? I tried to go with the general Christmas + Anime fusion, but niether Christime nor Anistmas makes sence. It sounds like the name of a disease ^.^'

The Christmas Project is what I actually call it myself, but it's not really THAT original hehe ^.^ So if you have any ideas, just pop it down there :D

Project Slots! - Who is signed up, what music and what anime he or she chose

Editor - Song - Anime/s

Muyo Ryu - (Undecided) - Card Captor Sakura
kingmob_867 - I'll be home for Christmas - Love Hina
Greenjinjo - Angels we have heard on high - N.G Evangelion
rogueintellectproductions - Weird Al's Christmas at Ground Zero - N.G Evangelion
godix - Southpark's Dead Dead Dead - Love Hina
Toji Fujawara - Carol of the bells by Trans Siberian Orchestra - (Undecided)
Sousaphonist - Oh Holy Night - Tokyo Godfathers
DaPatches - (Undecided) - Sailor Moon
AMV_4000 - (Undecided) - (Undecided) =^.^=
IcyCloud - All I Want for Christmas is You - If I See You In My Dreams
OtakuForLife - Toys R Us Kid - (Undecided)
Rosie-chan - (Undecided) - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:50 pm

i was listening to an old christmas Cd of mine, and i heard Mr. Grinch... it sounds promising... but i unfortuneatly dont have the anime, if someone else wanted it, im just throwing the idea out there...

*muyo*
whenever you find a song that you think is cool and that you would want on the proj, let me know...

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”