Head count for AWA :D

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Dugan
Org Profile

Post by Dugan » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:46 am

Oh and jbone, when you go to a con where Frost and Machine are filming their home movies, you don't get to sign _anything_ saying it's okay for them to film you.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:58 am

While it's not too much to ask for the camera to not be centered upon you, and for any direct appearanced you may make on film to be edited out post-processing, it's ludicrous to insist that you never, never, ever appear for even an isntant in the distand background in the finished product.

When you go to a con, you should expect to at least be in the background of some random filming/'photos. If you can't deal with that, you shouldn't go to any cons.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:06 am

Y'know, let me clarify, as I might not've been clear as to what I meant:

To not want to appear as a foreground participant is perfectly reasonable; to not want to be filmed directly, and to want any direct footage of yourself edited out, is reasonable.

However, it is un rasonable to insist that you never appear anywhere on film, even as a random spectator wandering from place to place, or as an audience member sitting quietly at a panel.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:17 am

Machine wrote:Unfortuantly, I already had 1 AMV creator tell me that he doesnt want to be anywhere near my camera.

I guess he thinks he's too good for the last Doc or something....
But I'm sure I'll still get him on camera.... :twisted:
So by this statement, we are to assume that Machine is going to film people by focusing on OTHER THINGS and showing the people that explicitly don't want to be shown in the background?

The people that don't want to be in the "documentaries" will or have mentioned that they don't want to be on camera and he will or will not choose to heed their wishes. Then everyone else will form opinions about the matter. That's all there is to it.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:18 am

jbone wrote: However, it is un rasonable to insist that you never appear anywhere on film, even as a random spectator wandering from place to place, or as an audience member sitting quietly at a panel.
I don't think any body has been asking for that. Just a little respect from the cameraman.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:11 am

I actually rather like to ham it up for the camera. And I don't mind being caught in the bg at all. See! - http://www.aluminumstudios.com/cons/Ota ... -Chada.jpg

But I'm specifically DON'T want to be in any project associated with Machine after seeing bits and pieces of the Ushicon documentry.

Recording someone against their will is disrespectful, immature, and serves to do nothing other than create ill will.
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios
http://www.aluminumstudios.com

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:34 pm

Aluminumstudios,

Many chunks of the ushicon (and other) docs are pretty bad, and may seem to be outright character assasination. But from what I have come to understand, no great harm is intended (maybe just having fun making dumb jokes about people). Also as I have further understood, the whole ErMaC bit was later worked out as the two met and Machine shed a light of great respect and ErMaC had a decent attitude about the statements.
(Machine was very lucky in this situation)

I don't think you should avoid the camera outright. I can't tell you to, but I think just saying "hi" and anything else you wanted to add would be greatly appreciated by the people making the doc and those who will be watching it. (lol even say "your docs make you look like a jerk!!" :P)

Of course this is all your decision, and I believe Machine will(and should)honor any requests. Also as there have been a few problems with people's reactions, which I am sure Machine is not taking lightly, the attitude and nature of his documentaries change with each con.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone at AWA! 8)
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:32 pm

Thats such a bummer that nobody is gonna say hi :( I realy wish you guys would check out the Akon doc, I know Machine took out pretty much all the mean pop ups, and realy, the mood of the doc was much different, much more goofy behavior oriented, and had nothing mean spirited about it (I know this for a fact, I helped with the project).

If you guys would just give it another shot and check it or the AX doc out, I think you would find that participating in the final Doc would actualy be cool experiance, and give you the oportunity to say hi to the general AMV viewing public, and give them all a chance to see what you guys are like.

Obviously nobody can change you minds for you, this is all just my humble opinion.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:44 pm

Ok people this is getting out of hand. I think all of you are blowing this out of proportion.

I honestly don't see how someone could possibly not want to be filmed. Are you affraid we will make fun of you? Assasinate your character? PEOPLE. WE MAKE MUSIC VIDEOS. You think we have some deep underlying sinsister intentions? Stop kidding yourself.

You think we each pay 500 dollars to fly to Atlanta to make fun of people? :roll:

Heres our agenda. We want to have a good time. We want to tape this good time and release it online so other people can see what everyone is like. We want to entertain people with our creation.

Thats it. Thats all we want to do. We want to meet everyone! The entire AMV community is comming to AWA! We want to tape you so everyone who can't afford to come can see what we are all like. If everyone is requesting to not be on camera for fear that we might say dirty words to them, it will RUIN the experience.

I personally don't want to pay 500 dollars to drive to Atlanta just to walk around for 3 days paranoid about who I can film, and who will get pissed off if I say their name. And the way things are going now its shaping up to be that way.

All I am asking all of you people, yes you aluminum, yes you jbone, yes you MTT, is to lighten up. We are trying to have a good time, and to make an entertaining product. I really hope none of you are personaly offended by anything we've said on the Docs. Its all one big joke guys. We find it hillarious. We take none of it seriously and its not our fault if you take it seriously. If you take it seriously then you have our humblest apologies, but don't think for a moment that I'm going to let a couple people who insist on making this difficult, ruin MY good time and fun. Not for one moment.

I think a lot of the people who are complaining about this haven't even SEEN all the docs in their entirety. They just hear about the most scandelous parts through word of virtual mouth and then form false ideas, like we come ridding into the cons on our Harley's looking to fuck shit up and make life difficult.

People, we are a bunch of goobers. The ONLY solution to this is for people to lighten up and have fun. If you don't you will absolutely RUIN AWA for a lot of people including myself, and then we will have a shitty documentary that no one wants to watch.

If you don't like the documentaries thats ok. If you want nothing to do with them, fine. My solution? Don't watch them. Don't make your problems, thousands of people's problems, by making a tense atmosphere.

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:46 pm

I guess I forgot that sometimes people take my jokes too seriously sometimes.

Old Comments
-----------------
Unfortunately, I already had 1 AMV creator tell me that he doesn't want to be anywhere near my camera.

I guess he thinks he's too good for the last Doc or something....
But I'm sure I'll still get him on camera.... :twisted:

These comments were only meant as a joke buy I guess people took it seriously :oops:

Here's the bottom line guys. For the majority of the time most people did not request the camera be turned off. I do admit that sometimes the humor would get very crude as was in ushicon. Expo and Akon I cut way back on it and tried to make the docs more fun without too much crude humor.

I never said I disrespected anyone's request. I admit I screwed up with MTT's situation in the Akon doc but I apologize for it and stated that I was wrong for putting them in.

I really don't like getting slammed like this :cry:
Especially for this. These documentaries are rather important to me. They showed my own experience at several different Cons as well as several other people's.

I was hoping AWA would be the last Doc since everyone was going to AWA and everyone could say hi or if you wanted to do something utterly moronic or juvenile, we would get it on film and show that several of us AMV creators are pretty layed back and have a sense of humor.

I hope to at least meet everyone, and of course if you would like to add anything to the doc you are more than welcome. If not, do not worry, I respect everyone's wishes about not being in the Doc.

End of Story.

Return to “AMV Contests”