After the VERY long wait... Dragon Bebop Z is now available!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:13 am

Sorry AD, I was requested to zip it so I don't waste bandwidth by having people stream it.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:21 am

Sorry, I went a little off the handle (having just had an evil downloading experience)

Oh well, I guess there's nothing you can do about it.

:/

Maybe I'll get a friend to download it for me.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:25 pm

looking forward to seeing THIS video. Should be interesting.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

MarkMachine
Org Profile

Post by MarkMachine » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:27 am

to me, this video was definitely worth the 6 hours i spent downloading it. It's a definite step up in DBZ videos and has earned some very good comments about it. Nice work Castor and thanks for the preview of it!

Hawaii
Org Profile

Post by Hawaii » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:42 am

Outstanding video! I enjoyed it very much. It's obvious you put a lot of work into it. Helluva job. :)
"Don't try to be like Jackie...there is only one Jackie. Study computers instead." --Jackie Chan

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:17 pm

Thanks guys and if you're having download troubles, use DAP or Getright. My friend's site is supposedly hosted on a professional business server which is owned by his dad and I dunno why it keeps pausing the downloads...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

dmg0003
Org Profile

wow...

Post by dmg0003 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:17 pm

Just saw this at AX... Excellent video!

Man, was the video contest screwed up or what? First all the technical difficulties, it was FREEZING in there, and we were all hungry because we didn't have time to eat before getting there. :(

//DMG0003

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:06 am

I remember seeing this vid at Sakuracon and it was just awesome! I'll check it put sometime and leave you a review.

Keep up the great work man!

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster
Org Profile

I dont get it

Post by TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:16 am

Someone explain to me whats wrong with sending your vids to has many contest has possible? Maybe I am missing something, but if I had a video I thought was good, I would want has many people to see it has possible, and to try to win has many awards has possible. Why is that considered a bad thing to do. So what if I keep beating people, thats cause mine is considered better. If they won and mine wasnt there, doesnt that kinda cheapen their victory anyway. Its like if I tried to fight the World Heavy Champion, and won because the other guy didnt show. Yeah Im the champion, but I dont know if I really could have beaten the previous one. Kinda takes away from the whole victory thing.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:26 pm

The idea is that it's not supposed to be about victory, it's supposed to be about sharing your creation, getting it into a contest, and seeing it on the big screen. Anything that comes after that is just a pat on the back for having something that was good. There's also quite a few people (including judges) that travel to most of the bigger cons anyway; so if your video plays at all of them, it's going to get played out and boring to people. And if you go to all those cons and 'win', it just makes it look like you let 'winning' go to your head and take the place of AMVs themselves. In short, it makes you look like a jackhole, and a troll to boot. It's not like you get a million dollars for winning a contest anyway.

This whole 'I have to win' thing is a trend I'm seeing with newer creators, and I personally think it's kind of sad. It's the making (and seeing) of AMVs that is really supposed to be for your enjoyment, not the aftermath of your AMVs.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”