AuN First video contest - FINALIST! / ONLINE VOTING 8/26-9/2

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ab-109
Org Profile

Post by Ab-109 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:21 am

Agreed with Dymatrex.

If thier that closely matched and are on the same level as you say then I don't see why they shouldnt get the same thing ^_^
ImageImage

Sivis
Org Profile

Post by Sivis » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:46 am

I agree with previous posters :)

xPinkPantiesx
Org Profile

Post by xPinkPantiesx » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:47 am

i concur! i mean...me 3rd! i mean...4th..i mean...i can't count any highger....
*lauren*
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
"My breasts are an accessory to my outfit!"
-Jessica Simpson

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Results

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:05 pm

And Now, the moment you've all been waiting for..... the Results are:

THIRD PLACE Award goes to:

Ab-109 Gaara vs Lee

SECOND PLACE Awards go to:

Dymatrex- Man who still greives

Sky_william - Wish you were Here

This was a Tie, and a hard one to break, so in the end we decided to just hand out 2 Second place Prizes.

And Finally....

The WINNER of the Official AuN First video contest (First Place) Goes to......*****drum roll*****

Sivis - Soutajutso !

Congratulations to all the winners! And Thank you for participating in AuN's First Video Contest.

The winners should contact me with their shipping address to mail prizes, and choice of anime DVD for the 1st placer.

1st place gets an Anime DVD of their choice from any trusted online vendor (such as Amazon, CDJapan, etc) Not to exceed $50 (shipping included),

Second and Third place winners get custom certificates of their win (kinda like AWA)

Judges Picks also gets certificates titled "Judges Award" in the same fasion as the second and third placers.

Judges Picks:
(these are certificates of the single favorite video for both of the judges that participated in judging the videos for this contest. These are based solely on wich one they liked better, and has nothing realy to do with the actual technical aspects of the vid so much, but more so on feel. I Also told them they can use this award for any video for whatever reason. Its theirs to give out as they please basically. )

Judge#1's Pick: "Ab-109 Gaara vs Lee" (Favorite)
Judge#2's Pick: "Quiet Cannon - The world is Square" (Most replayable/enjoyable, and just plain fun)

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
(I decided to give out 5 honorable mentions MAX for some other good videos in the contest we felt deserved special recognition, not including the ones that already received awards):

jupiter_kingdom - The Reason:
Very good lyrical matching and song/video combination, and timing and feel was pretty good.

AMVFreak - My Goddess:
Good timing, and lyrical match.

Al'x - Kodamas:
This was plain fun :) good timing to the music aswell, if we had a best artistic award, I'd probably give it that.

rogueintellectproductions - Start the Commotion!?:
Very good timing, but I think all the blood and questionable content didn't go well with the judges. Neverless, the effort and scene matching in this video is deserving of a Mention here.

StarInMyPocket Productions- Location of Happiness:

Good character profile, and was very fun to watch.

There were a total of 30 videos in this contest.

Again Thanks to all who both participated in the contest, and in the voting segment to make this contest a success. The winners (except for the honorable mentions) need to contact me for address information to send out prizes/certificates. Allow 2-4 weeks for custom certificates to be manufactured and sent out. (I'm going to try to have them profesionally made if its not too expensive)[/b]
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Sky_William
Org Profile

Post by Sky_William » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:07 pm

Awesome I actually tied for second. ^_^ Congratulations to everyone.

Sivis
Org Profile

Post by Sivis » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:14 pm

Whaat? I won! :shock:

But thanks to Bakadeshi for organizing this great contest, hope you keep organizing this in the future too.
And congrats to other winners too.

Quiet Cannon
Org Profile

Post by Quiet Cannon » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:41 pm

Nice to see I actually got one of the judges picks. I didn't know if my pointless action video would mean much in this contest. Congratulations to the winners. Now I have a few honorable mention videos to check out.
Final Doom "Amazing things will happen here soon."

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Substance "Everyone knows that it's a dangerous substance."

Dymatrex
Org Profile

Post by Dymatrex » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:51 pm

Sivis wrote:Whaat? I won! :shock:

But thanks to Bakadeshi for organizing this great contest, hope you keep organizing this in the future too.
Congrats, Sivis! I must say, I was watching your AMV like crazy last night, anyway! It's so awesome!

Great job! You deserve the win!

*claps*
~Livin' Ain't No Crime~

Dymatrex
Org Profile

Post by Dymatrex » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:53 pm

Sivis wrote:Whaat? I won! :shock:

Congrats, Sivis! I must say, I was watching your AMV like crazy last night, anyway! It's so awesome!

Great job! You deserve the win!

*claps*
Sky_William wrote: Awesome I actually tied for second. ^_^ Congratulations to everyone.
The funny thing is, is that I think I saw this coming...XD
~Livin' Ain't No Crime~

Ab-109
Org Profile

Post by Ab-109 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:15 am

Well done Sivis! :D

Well done to everyone else who got mentioned and well done to all those who took the time to actually have a go at making an AMV :D
The funny thing is, is that I think I saw this coming...XD
I know what you mean. When I watched both yours and Sky's vids it took me AGES to figure out which one to vote for. And thankgod it was a tie otherwise I wouldnt of got 3rd place lmao :twisted:
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”