New (old) interviews and new miniguides!

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

New (old) interviews and new miniguides!

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:48 am

Dave made some interviews last year that, for whatever reason, were not finalised and put on the site... until now :) So, you can find interviews with Nathan Bezner of Nightowl Pictures fame, Will Milberry of Aluminum Studios fame and Ken Nabbe of Joey Snackpants infamy.

Just head to the interviews link on your members main page.

We also have the miniguides section set up on the guides page for users to submit their tips and tricks. The guides that are there are the moment are as long as these should ever be, to be honest, as a page giving some general advice or commentary on video making is all that's needed.

If anyone wants to add a miniguide, just PM or IM me. I'd also like people to do analysis of their own video work if anyone is interested in doing that. A step by step look at how a video was composed would be great. If someone does one, I'll do one too.

Enjoy the new stuff, folks :)

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:49 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:I'd also like people to do analysis of their own video work if anyone is interested in doing that. A step by step look at how a video was composed would be great. If someone does one, I'll do one too.
Would this be concept-related - where to place elements on screen (and why), which clips to use in which order - or software-related, like which steps to follow that use effect X to accomplish Y ?

Also...something's wrong with the HTML in Madbunny's mini-guide :? (ref IE 5.5).

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:32 pm

TaranT wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:I'd also like people to do analysis of their own video work if anyone is interested in doing that. A step by step look at how a video was composed would be great. If someone does one, I'll do one too.
Would this be concept-related - where to place elements on screen (and why), which clips to use in which order - or software-related, like which steps to follow that use effect X to accomplish Y ?

Also...something's wrong with the HTML in Madbunny's mini-guide :? (ref IE 5.5).
x2
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:19 pm

TaranT wrote:Would this be concept-related - where to place elements on screen (and why), which clips to use in which order - or software-related, like which steps to follow that use effect X to accomplish Y ?
Well... that's entirely up to you.

I'll look into madbunny's dubious html and probably reformat it heavily :P

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Re: New (old) interviews and new miniguides!

Post by Coffee 54 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:49 pm

This sounds really cool. I'd love to read some of these. As far as writing one, I'd like to do one for one of my future planned releases. However, right now I have too many 'how'd he do that?' questions of my own to start to try to answer other peoples.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:10 pm

Yay! I'm famous!

-dances around-

I mean, uh...
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “Site Announcements”