Cardcaptor Sakura (Episodes 68, 69 and 70)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
MsMonda
Org Profile

Cardcaptor Sakura (Episodes 68, 69 and 70)

Post by MsMonda » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:08 pm

Does anyone know whether Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 68, 69 and 70 have been aired in english? I only own them in Jap :roll:

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:14 pm

If I remember correctely, Nelvana ungodly spliced and mangled with the last three episodes by making it a two part series finale called "Revelations." In the U.S. they broadcasted in KidsWB, and that's THE last time I've heard from them. In short, don't bother finding the English versions and get the 2nd Movie since Geneon did a very good job with the release and the dubbing (thank you, Bang Zoom! :D ).
ImageImage

MsMonda
Org Profile

CCS Movie 2 - The enchanted Cards

Post by MsMonda » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:53 pm

Thanks, and actually I already own the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie, and it's on DVD too. If you would like to buy a Japanese sub, forever yours to keep, and you live in Ontario, Canada, you can purchase it in Markham, Toronto, in Pacific Mall, in a store called Images and Sounds 2. I got it there for like $13 Canadian.

It's a really good movie! ^-^

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:56 pm

woot, the Pacific Mall, land of bootlegs and honey. :roll:

madbunny
Org Profile

Re: Cardcaptor Sakura (Episodes 68, 69 and 70)

Post by madbunny » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:14 am

MsMonda wrote:Does anyone know whether Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 68, 69 and 70 have been aired in english? I only own them in Jap :roll:
If you've seen the show in Japanese, with the original storyline, the english versions will most likely piss you off.
Just a warning there. You can find the cardcaptors disks on Amazon, so I'm sure you can find it elsewhere as well.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

onigi
Org Profile

Post by onigi » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:43 am

Hey,I don't write English very well but i like anime music !! I'm sorry i don't know what the hell to talk. :oops:
i love anime music!!

onigi
Org Profile

Post by onigi » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:49 am

onigi wrote:Hey,I don't write English very well but i like anime music !! I'm sorry i don't know what the hell to talk right now. :oops:
I wish i lived in Japan to see Card Captor Sakura movie because it is not Vietnam.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
i love anime music!!

onigi
Org Profile

Post by onigi » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:50 am

onigi wrote:Hey,I don't write English very well but i like anime music !! I'm sorry i don't know what the hell to talk right now. :oops:
i love anime music!!

Feria
Org Profile

Post by Feria » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:56 am

I always wondered if I should get the english verison, I've seen all the episodes, and both the movies in Japanese, but own very little of the series in english... mostly due to the fact that they cut out quite a few episodes due to things like underage drinking, children jumping out windows and so on and so forth. Nevertheless, its still x10 better than the dub IMO.
The very thing that I am trying to prove to not exist is the very thing holding me back...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”