Guides and AMVapp Public Alpha/Beta Test

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
CHAMELEON_D_H
Org Profile

Post by CHAMELEON_D_H » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:38 pm

Your AVISynth file should already be serving 352x240 resolution so just drag it into the main TMPGEnc window. Then, hit the "Load" button in the bottom corner and select one of the two profiles we've provided for you. If your AMV has been Inverse Telecined somewhere along the way (either before or after editing), select the AMV24fps.mcf profile. If you didn't do IVTC but instead chose to deinterlace at the end, select the AMV30fps.mcf profile
file not found error >_<

billy_wires
Org Profile

Post by billy_wires » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:50 pm

I'm not sure if you improved this section or not, but perhaps you could link to this when referred to in this page near the bottom. That is unless I am completely stupid and the two pages make reference to completely different instructions.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:02 am

Out of curiosity, is my WMM2 guide still on the way to <s>destruction</s> integration?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:48 pm

I reinstalled Windows XP with SP2 and wanted to try out the new beta amvapp. (amvapp-20-RC6.exe)

The only issue I have seem to hit is that the mjpeg avi swap trick within Premiere (version 6.5) seems to be off a frame (in my basic test).

With some help from AD I the footage aligned correctly so my avi "clip slices" were exactly the same when the avi footage was swapped with avs scripts.

In my test:

- I created an avs and d2v with DGindex of Big O II Volume 1.

- Using Vdubmod I created an mjpeg avi from the avs script.

- I created a new project in Premiere 6.5 and imported the avi file.

- I made a slice of Norman from the intro with the fire background and placed it in a new bin I made. (Note: the 2nd frame of this slice had Norman's face with a blue background)

- I then saved the project and quit Premiere. I renamed my clips folder to clipsx. (to force Premiere to freak out)

- I reloaded Premiere and the project selecting the avs script as the missing avi.

- The slice was now 1 frame forward. Instead of the fire background, Norman's face was shown against a blue background... so the script appeared to be one frame forward. (so the avi had an additional frame the avs did not)

Anyone else hit this issue in Premiere 6.5? (or otherwise)

Code: Select all

mpeg2source("G:\bigo2\avs\bigo2_1.d2v")
Telecide(order=1,guide=1) 
Decimate(cycle=5, mode=2)
AssumeFps(24)
Duplicateframe(1)
This is my working script in case it helps.
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:52 am

I decided to actually read the guide instead of just playing with stuff and asking questions *shock*

Anyway In the first part of the guide I discovered two minor flaws:

* On the page: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... video3.htm
In chapter : 3)Lossy Compression
It says "Wiindows Media Video" which should ofcourse be "Windows"

* On the page:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... deo4_2.htm
In chapter: 13) h.264 - MPEG4's big brother
The text after the titles "What it is:" and "The advantages:" is screwy, half of the text is printed in another size and font.

Otherwise it's been a enjoyable read so far...
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:41 am

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtechbeta/xvid.html wrote:(to work it out in kbytes multiply by 1028)
(It's near the beginning of the section on the second pass.)

Shouldn't that be 1024?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:48 am

indeed it should.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:02 am

Half Field Blended Footage

Here you suggest that one can use two different approaches to get rid of blends and still retain smoothness of motion. However the scripts produce different frame rates. You should point out how to combine the two in the same project.

There's a typo in the heading by the way (fooatage).

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:48 pm

Colorspace wrote:As for the color information, things are not so easy. They are called U and V (or sometimes Cr and Cb respecitvely). They can have both positive and negative values which match the way color is processed in our brain.

Cr, when positive, means that the object is red. Cr negative means that the object is green.

Cb, when positive, indicates blue object. Cb negative means yellow. Again, they are the opposites for our brain and so we have the reasoning behind YUV as a color methodology.
Visual Quality wrote:The utena footage (on this dvd at least) seems to have a very slight yellow tint on everything and this is noticeable on things that are supposed to be white. Now, those of you who can remember the talk about colourspaces and chroma may recall that chroma channels can have a positive or a negative value. Positive V is red and negative V is green... and likewise positive U is blue and negative U is yellow.

This footage has slightly incorrect U chroma.
This seems contradictory. Is U blue-yellow or red-green?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:52 pm

It's contradictory depending on who you ask.

A long discussion on doom9 stated that U should be red-diff so I updated the colorspace page... but not the other page.

Frankly it doesnt matter because you could get two different books that would tell you two different things.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”