How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:39 pm

devilmaykickass wrote:Premiere can open Mpeg-2 videos (.m2v)?
Premiere Pro can at the least.

I dunno about 6.0 and 6.5
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

Luxoy
Org Profile

Silent hill 2 and hidden vids

Post by Luxoy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:11 am

i have tried the way describen in this post to extract the pss files but i have just extract half of the vids of this pretty game :cry:. Somebody could tell me how extract the others one ?
(sorry for my bad english ) :wink:

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:44 am

Ok well I FINALLY got it to work, but now I am curious...does anyone know if ripping via FFX2MOV has any difference in quality?

shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:41 am

lossless, since there's no encoding. it only finds where the mpeg2 are and extract it.

ConsiderSpace
Org Profile

Post by ConsiderSpace » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:49 pm

I tried the FAQ and followed everything it said, and when I got to the nova extractor thing it didnt find any movies in the files.Iit scanned all of them but it didnt find any...any idea whats going on? thank you.

shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:10 pm

ConsiderSpace wrote:I tried the FAQ and followed everything it said, and when I got to the nova extractor thing it didnt find any movies in the files.Iit scanned all of them but it didnt find any...any idea whats going on? thank you.
1) nove extractor didn't scan the hidden file from the ISO. which may be cause by.....not sure. but if the ISO is 2GB make sure nova scanned 2GB.

2)the game don't use mpegs/pss.

3)the devs did a good job in hiding them. like ZOE2, i found the mpeg2s but its all mix up, there is a some protection here. i only got 2 seconds of the opening and gave up.

thats all i could think off for now.

The14thGOD
Org Profile

Post by The14thGOD » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:34 pm

When i used MFaudio to extract the wave files it worked but all the players i have say the .wav file is corrupted or cant read it

i have done it multiple times

any suggestions thanks in advance

btw awesome guide!!

shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:57 am

most audio i extracted are 48khz.
but there's one with 37800hz, which is non standard. you need to upsample it or downsample.
but that was psone game.

anyway i'm not sure what the problem could be

ultimaweapon
Org Profile

Post by ultimaweapon » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:59 am

hey, i registered here here just to ask about this extracting stuff. i have a PAL copy of FFX and i have extracted the iso and split it up. but when i go to read it using the nova extractor, but no mpg files appear. could u PLEASE help, and i would prefer if i didn't have to download anything else.

Guardian4
Org Profile

Post by Guardian4 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:13 pm

Okay, I got all the way to step 5. I really want the audio to these files (Shadow Hearts 1 - will also be doing SH Covenant), but when I bring up the program, it says that the pss files don't have any audio in them. And when I open up the waves it is indeed distorted, like you said. :D Please help?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”