i'm back. :) again..

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:35 pm

Back in the day for me would be watching Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles every day after school, and taking turns playing X-Wing with my brother.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:37 pm

back in the day was the super mario bros. live action show...
and soul train... i hated soul train.

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:44 pm

I almost said I watched the Ninja turtles too! I always watched the show and I had nearly all the comics and the "mutanimals" ones that had cameos of the turtles. Actually, it was that which first made me aware of how search and see how unique japanese customs were.
"Why was the rat wearing a dress? :) I wondered. I had the black and white original comics too...sigh...but I sold most of them. Darn bills.

And I also felt old when I collected their 10 year anniversary toys. I feel like a fossil at 23 :roll:

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:56 pm

I used to collect the trading cards, and I had a Michelangelo action figure. You know, one of the old ones that only came with nunchucks(sp?) and throwing stars.

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:13 am

I'm such a geek :) I had all 4 of the original ones, but...even if I had other kids to play fight with my action figures...I was never interested in that (I may like ninja turtles but I was still a little girl) so I didn't collect the toys.
I practically memorized every early episode and the 1st movie.

Looking back, as silly as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle was it was still a hallmark of our childhood. Most of the people here liked that or transformers or both. I wonder if tmnt or transformers was a stepping stone into anime after all ^_~

see sbsbaker, the org hasn't changed. We still can't keep a thread on topic for anything ^_^ welcome back

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:40 am

Man, I remember going to the "Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles: Comin' Outta Their Shells" musical. It was real cheese, but hey, I ate it up as a kid. I was so cool because I got to go, and I bought a tape with all the songs on it. I used to listen to it all the time when I mowed the lawn. Speaking of tapes, I have the soundtrack to Fraggle Rock on tape. w00t!

Return to “General AMV”