no one posted yet I'll start with a noob question

firerules16
Org Profile

Post by firerules16 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:36 am

Wonka... the deal through alwayswebhosting sounds really good. I'm currently using hostinggroup.com as my webhosting service. They're really good (excellent up-time, technical support, etc.), but they only offer 6GB of bandwidth per month for about the same price as alwayswebhosting.

I am a little skeptical as to how they can offer 60GB of bandwidth a month for such a low price though. Will they, if I get an account through them, suddenly cancel my service if I use alot of bandwidth?

But I'm extremely intrigued about it. 60GB of bandwidth would be awesome! Any help on this would be great, as you seem to have a decent grasp as to what that company is all about.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:36 am

Sevices that cancel for high bandwidth dont tell you how much you can use in their Terms and Conditions.

You pay for 60gig you get 60gig.

They can change it in the future... if they do you leave.

There. simple.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:26 am

firerules16 wrote:Wonka... the deal through alwayswebhosting sounds really good. I'm currently using hostinggroup.com as my webhosting service. They're really good (excellent up-time, technical support, etc.), but they only offer 6GB of bandwidth per month for about the same price as alwayswebhosting.

I am a little skeptical as to how they can offer 60GB of bandwidth a month for such a low price though. Will they, if I get an account through them, suddenly cancel my service if I use alot of bandwidth?

But I'm extremely intrigued about it. 60GB of bandwidth would be awesome! Any help on this would be great, as you seem to have a decent grasp as to what that company is all about.
If you exceed the bandwidth limit, we have it on record that the head tech guy will personally start finding mirrors for you and go out of his way to help you out. Its a good company man.

I'm almost positive they wouldn't cancel your shit as long as you don't do anything like 120+ gigs a month. There very tolerant over there.

firerules16
Org Profile

Post by firerules16 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:30 am

Thanks for the help... I'm certainly gonna check it out :D

Fire Rules

AlexisVale
Org Profile

Post by AlexisVale » Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:11 am

I believe http://lunarpages.com (the TRIAL version ALONE) gives you 50 MB FREE!! Oh. There are these also:

http://www.mangled.org/servers/
http://freehosts.i85.net/
http://www.web1000.com/

I use angelfire also, but when I registered they promised me 50 MB. My little meter says I've used 16.3 MB of 50 MB of free space. Strange. Really strange. I'm glad you asked this question because I had the same problem (I was making a video for my friends, not anime-just photos of us, and the first one went well, but the second one...it was 48 MB or something---haha!).
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he pass'd;
And the eyes of the sleepers wax'd deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
-George Gordon Byron

AlexisVale
Org Profile

Post by AlexisVale » Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:17 am

Nevermind. It looks like Lunarpages stopped supporting the trial version. How annoying.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he pass'd;
And the eyes of the sleepers wax'd deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
-George Gordon Byron

Iamshadowkiller
Org Profile

o.O

Post by Iamshadowkiller » Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:19 am

...what the flock?.....o.O...I'll leave my 2 cents for this post and leave...

*puts 2 pennies on the floor and slowly walks away*
Oh how convenient. A theory about God that doesn't require looking through a telescope.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”