Sweet Valerian Episode 1

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Sweet Valerian Episode 1

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:20 pm

Being the CLAMP fanboy I am, I watched this the first opportunity I had.

My first impression is that this is remarkably similar to Digi Charat, with the short-format (3 minutes, 30 seconds), the chibi-esqe character designs, and the obvious separation between the foreground characters and the static backgrounds.

Since this is just an introductory episode, just introducing the characters, there's no real plot to think about, though they claim that the plot will start in the next episode (broadcasting 8/8 (Fuji TV day!) at 7:08 AM on TBS). It's looking like it will be a MOTW series, though I'll need to see the next episode before I can be sure.

I also have to say I like the music they're using for the few seconds of OP/ED. Catchy and upbeat.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:47 am

It's out already?! :shock:
Woot, another short-time episode to get (besides Tweeny Witches).

/scurries off to website of which I can't say without being smited by the Mods
ImageImage

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:43 am

I've just finished the first episode. You're right about the series looking like Digi-Charat (heck, I think I saw something that looked like Gemma :shock: ), but it sort of looks like something from the Powerpuff Girls. Anyways, I definetely keep tabs with this one. :D
ImageImage

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:49 am

Yeah, Powerpuff Girls was also the first thing that came to mind when watching this. It looks cute and all, but there really wasn't anything to it in the first episode. I'll keep watching, because you can't judge an entire series based on one episode, but I'm not really getting my hopes up for this one.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”