last evangelion episode [episode 26]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:10 pm

Speaking of Yui what exactly is her connection to the EVa project and NERV. I know she was absorbed by Unit - 01. BUt is she the creator the one who came up with the lets go to antartica and get our ass kicked by god? Justa question thats been nagging at me.
- New Banner in the Works -

Still Johnny Fish

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:56 am

as far as asuka's dad's friskiness goes...
i'm assuming that he got re-married/got gf AFTER momma went crazy
but that's only what i would assume, i don't remember any hardcore evidence pointing in either direction

and as for the Yui thing...
Yui was actually a member of Seele when she was alive, her connections to fundings and other resources are what attracted Gendo to her
she was indeed involved with the creation of Evangelion, as since they were her creations, she was the first test subject, that's back when she was absorbed by Unit 01, it's possible that there were no errors during the experiment, imo, Unit 01 probably absorbed her in order to obtain a soul which it didn't have until then, but i have no proof to back up the theory that Eva's WANT souls or that they NEED them in any way, all we know is that they are able to HOLD them
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:11 pm

Interesting, I'd assume that the eva's being able to hold a soul is the same premis as Rei. Why does uni 01 hate Rei it only seems to want to have Shinji piloting, is that because of the whole mother son thing?

Still Johnny Fish

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:58 am

Bryal wrote:i supose, but how do you know what you have is right? i have tons of theorys though im not sure if there right :P
Isn't that kind of the point of Evangelion. To keep you guessing and thinking of your own explanations for the series. I'm sure that's how the series is intended to be. But maybe I missed the point completely. Well, I agree, EOE and D:R definitely cleared up a few things, but it's still up to the viewer in my opinion!
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:59 pm

End of Evangelion cleared almost everything up except for a few questions like what does gendo say to Ritsuko. Thats artistic only however, it has little to do with the series.

Death and Rebirth had no point to me it was only a series recap I see little meaning in it.

As far a gaugeing your own conclusions I fully agree, but I fyou are super desperate for answers you can find a link on gaia that gives youa ll the answers that can be give, like the creators resoning for Shinji trying to choke asuka.

Still Johnny Fish

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:34 pm

R-A-N-M-A wrote:If you are super desperate for answers you can find a link on gaia that gives youa ll the answers that can be give, like the creators resoning for Shinji trying to choke asuka.
...what's gaia?
could you maybe post a link for us here, that choking scene is probably the one scene that's up for the most interpretation

and yeah, unit 01 rejecting rei is the mother/son thing, remember, at first when they were doing compatibility testing, unit 01 activated with Rei as the pilot with no problem, but once shinji was canned by gendo, yui/unit 01 refused to function under any circumstances until she got shinji back as the pilot

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:57 am

Daio Kaji wrote:
R-A-N-M-A wrote:If you are super desperate for answers you can find a link on gaia that gives youa ll the answers that can be give, like the creators resoning for Shinji trying to choke asuka.
...what's gaia?
could you maybe post a link for us here, that choking scene is probably the one scene that's up for the most interpretation
I think he means Gainax. They probably have links to Eva fan pages. I think that's what he means. But I'd love to see that. Jeez, I haven't seen the series in a while. But doesn't he start choking her when she dumps him?

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:23 pm

themaan wrote:doesn't he start choking her when she dumps him?
well yea... but i mean the 2nd choking scene, the one at the end of EoE where they're on the beach

i'm pretty sure that shinji first started choking her in the apartment because of the whole can't take rejection anymore
like Asuka said to shinji
Asuka wrote:you don't care WHO it is, you're afraid of.... blah blah blah... so now you come running to ME, because that's the easiest way from getting hurt!
and then she rejects helping him so he feels he has no choice but to finally retaliate

but the 2nd choking scene is a LOT more up for interpretation

did he do it because he was just remembering the first choke?
did he do it because he'd just gone through a lot of mental shit and was making sure he was in the real world by choking asuka in hopes of getting some sort of response from her?
did he do it because as adam, he had to reject lillith in order to be with eve?
did he do it because he really felt that she deserved it but when she showed luv with the handstroke he was overtaken by his luv for her and stopped?
did he do it because she stole the last cookie from the cookie jar?
did he do it because she's concentrated evil and he must destroy her in order for happy to rule over all once more?

...you decide

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:47 pm

Oh, I see, at the end of EoE. I see. Yes, that one is up for discussion. Well, if you remember in the scene before, it is said that even if everything is destroyed, as long as there is one human left, eva will still exist. Maybe he was choking her so that he would be the last man standing. But we also have to keep in mind that she says "How Disgusting" at the very end. Is she disgusted because he can't go through with being alone for eternity. Asuka had always questioned his strength throughout the series.

Your point about Shinji making sure he is in the real world is also a big possibility.

The only thing I don't get is why Rei is still there. Wasn't she killed. Am I remembering the movie correctly?

Your point about the cookie jar could also be true. I'd get really pissed off if Asuka took my cookie. Tee hee hee.

AtomicWeezleman
Org Profile

Post by AtomicWeezleman » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:37 pm

R-A-N-M-A wrote:Speaking of Yui what exactly is her connection to the EVa project and NERV. I know she was absorbed by Unit - 01. BUt is she the creator the one who came up with the lets go to antartica and get our ass kicked by god? Justa question thats been nagging at me.
Yui connection was that she was one of the main researchers into eva technology, and its also mentioned in the series that gendo only got close to Yui in order to have a part in the project........ its in one of the eps, somewhere between 14 and 21 i think (talk about vague eh?)
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”