last evangelion episode [episode 26]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:01 pm

I'm going with the God theory
What Pen^2 holds in his hand is the wheel that represents humanity, a humanity that only his grace can spin... because we all know humanity spins
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:39 pm

It doesn't make sense to have him as a god. The whole thing with Evangelion was humanity, thats a bit out of left field to have a penguin god, even one as cool as Pen-Pen.
- New Banner in the Works -

Still Johnny Fish

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:43 pm

Although I don't openly support the Pen^2 God theory due to my own agenda, I can't discount it's likelyhood. While Evangelion certainly isn't a religious series, obviously, it does have a bit of a divine aspect to it, since at the shows conclusion everyone is killed pretty quickly, everyone's soul is molded together, and the fate of humanity is put into the hands of a sad little boy. Don't tell me that can occur without there being something up.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:45 pm

There has got to be more evidance to support Pen Pen's godhood than the cover of an OST.

Still Johnny Fish

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:06 pm

hmmm, at first i was just joking about the Pen^2=God theory, but now that i think about it a little bit
it really depends on ur idea of what God is like

for myself, i heard a very good analogy to use for my representation of God
'God is like a figure standing on a hill that looks over the river of time'
thinking in that way, God is witness to all, the beginning, the end, and all in between, he cannot interfere in the flow, he can only watch and know all

Pen^2 has always seemed a bit more knowledgable than he leads on, and he does make an appearance in the end to congratulate Shinji with everyone else... very pecular imo
[rubs chin]

I'm voting for the Pen^2=watcher God theory
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:12 pm

Well, I suppose taht could be, but explaining pen-pen is a bit like trying to decypher Tom Bombadil from the lord of the rings. SOme things aren't meant to be know I guess.

Well I think we should all support the plot to Kidnap Anno. THen we might get some answers like what the fuck if with pen pen and what does Gendo says to Ritsuko.

Still Johnny Fish

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:29 pm

Tom Bombadil is just above that sort of thing. But the fact is, in the end he would have fallen victim to The Dark Lord just like everyone else if the quest had not succeeded.

As for kidnapping Anno. I'm all for that... as long as I can force him to make more Kare Kano episodes after we get all the EVA answers we need.

I don't think he'll ever tell us about Pen Pen though, he'll be like "Ahaha, you can kill me, but then you'll never know the truth!"

Clever Anno...

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:09 pm

I agree to that theory. To any extent, Pen-Pen is a very wise penguin, to say the least. And I do have another question. It may sound very stupid, but what happens first: does Asuka's mom kill herself or does her dad get himself a new girlfriend? And also, when is the 9th edition of the manga coming out?
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Sigghh...

Post by O-Kagachi » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:36 pm

it goes like this, this may take a while.
when shinji was a child, his mother yui ikari was experimenting with the eva unit 1 when it whent catastrophic and completely assimulated her. her spirit is inside the eva and it protects him sometimes. so she still alive in a way. just for more spoilers when yui was pregnant gendo,(shinjis dad) said "if its a boy, we name it shinji, if its a girl, we name it rei. after yui died, they used some of yui's DNA to make rei, so gendo treats her like a daughter. (well, more kindly then he treats shinji.)
So,... thats the story.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:42 pm

What chya' talkin' 'bout Five God Dragon? gepetto was talking about Asuka.

As for manga volume 9, as far as I know it may never come out. I know that Sadamoto has currently stalled and hasn't worked on the EVA manga for many months, and I assume that #9 doesn't exist yet.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”