last evangelion episode [episode 26]

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:44 pm

:shock: Rei's not a she? Wha?

Just because Lilith is a giant white woman doesn't mean she ain't a she. Some claim that she actually 'gave birth' to Evangelion 01. Plus Rei is seen quite human-like in the very end of the movie. If that's not a she... I don't know what is.
Look at all my trials and tribulations
Sinking in a gentle pool of wine.
Don't disturb me now, I can see the answers
'Till this evening is this morning, life is fine.

Apeotheosis
Org Profile

Post by Apeotheosis » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:02 pm

A SHE is not classified by what it looks like. If it was then all the psychos down in LA would turn the gender ratio of what is it now? 60% men, 40 % women. They'd take that and flip it around if we classified women just by their looks. And if you are thinking Lillith has a reproduction system such as ours....then you are utterly insane. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the chances are worse then the California lottery.

Who has claimed Lillith gave birth to Evangelion 01? If I remember right, Evangelion 01 was the success project created by NERV or was it the former group Yui, Fuitske(sorry if the spelling is wrong on his name, too lazy to look it up), and Gendo were first formed. I DO remember that they said Evangelion 01 was the only true offspring of Adam, but I don't see why Lillith would have to be involved in the picture.
Me wrote:I don't know where I'm going, but uhh...I'm definitely gonna think about it on the way.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:49 pm

EVA 01 was 'created' by NERV, via use of Lilith.

And it's not about how she looks. Lilith has a reproductive system, duh. Not only that, but she gave birth to life as we know it, so not only should we call her 'she', we should call her Mom!

As for EVA 01, she's less Adam's offspring than the others. Eva 00 and Eva 02 are "clones" of Adam, Eva 01 is the "clone" of Lilith.

Apeotheosis
Org Profile

Post by Apeotheosis » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:59 pm

No - it is not a clone in any sense. Look up the definition of clone. Second of all, Gendo specifically says that Eva 01 is the only true offspring of Adam (sorry, can't remember what epi, and I really don't feel like finding it. I think it was said more the once, but if I remember right it was in EoE when ZEELE attacked NERV headquarters.). Third of all, do you really think Lillith had a normal birthing!? I'm sorry, birth is something I consider a little on the gross-to-talk-about side, so I won't go into detail. But I'm pretty sure she didn't shit us all out because of Adam's sperm entering an egg in her body that has become active. :?

Which would make it possible for us to classify the being as a "She". I'm thinking more along the lines of a Godly power to "create" or "give birth" to us without passing genes, sharing food and nutrients to raise us in a woom. More like a poof-here-we-are effect.
Me wrote:I don't know where I'm going, but uhh...I'm definitely gonna think about it on the way.

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:08 pm

It's Seele, not Zeele. Dude, I said "clone" because clone is the word used in the actual series. Watch Episode 24, listen to what Kaworu says about the Evangelions. 00 and 02 are "clones" of Adam, 01 is the "clone" of Lilith. That's clearly stated in the show.

I don't see what possible purpose you would have for denying that Lilith is female. She didn't give birth to humanity in a 'natural birth' way, but it's possible Evangelion 01's conception involved Lilith's female mechanisms.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:32 pm

Apeotheosis wrote:No - it is not a clone in any sense. Look up the definition of clone. Second of all, Gendo specifically says that Eva 01 is the only true offspring of Adam (sorry, can't remember what epi, and I really don't feel like finding it. I think it was said more the once, but if I remember right it was in EoE when ZEELE attacked NERV headquarters.).
EoE, just watched it this morning
Keel from Seele in EoE wrote:Without the Lance (spear) of Longinus, we cannot precede as planned, our only hope is to use lillith's only true offspring, evangelion unit 01
and in episode 24, Kaworu calls Eva Unit 02 Adam's Dark Shadow, i would guess 'dark' because it's soul (which shines... because souls shine) was hidden at the time because of Asuka's mental instability. and 'shadow' because... it's a clone/copy of Adam
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Apeotheosis
Org Profile

Post by Apeotheosis » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:14 am

Daio Kaji wrote:
Apeotheosis wrote:No - it is not a clone in any sense. Look up the definition of clone. Second of all, Gendo specifically says that Eva 01 is the only true offspring of Adam (sorry, can't remember what epi, and I really don't feel like finding it. I think it was said more the once, but if I remember right it was in EoE when ZEELE attacked NERV headquarters.).
EoE, just watched it this morning
Keel from Seele in EoE wrote:Without the Lance (spear) of Longinus, we cannot precede as planned, our only hope is to use lillith's only true offspring, evangelion unit 01
and in episode 24, Kaworu calls Eva Unit 02 Adam's Dark Shadow, i would guess 'dark' because it's soul (which shines... because souls shine) was hidden at the time because of Asuka's mental instability. and 'shadow' because... it's a clone/copy of Adam
Thanks for clearing that up Daio :P Way to lazy huh?

Anyways, I'm going to re-watch the entire series this coming weekend to further understand the show ^_^ I'll be a better debater at that time.

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:35 am

Apeotheosis wrote:Anyways, I'm going to re-watch the entire series this coming weekend to further understand the show ^_^ I'll be a better debater at that time.
lol, deal
:D
anything else anyone wants cleared up, a question for the masses?
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

HeartbreakerByZep
Org Profile

Post by HeartbreakerByZep » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:25 pm

Hmm... I have a question -

On Evangelion OST-2 there is an extremely suspicious and eerie picture of Pen-Pen staring up at the huge moon carrying some type of a wheel.

Now, is this some kind of a proof that Pen-Pen is actually God, or some other important figure? And if not, what does it mean? I mean, it's a really odd picture, Pen-Pen has to be up to something...

peace & love :) And... I'm not joking, about the question, just so you know.

R-A-N-M-A
Org Profile

Post by R-A-N-M-A » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:57 pm

Maybe its justa picture there to make you think because you never actually find out what becomes of our beloved Pen-Pen.
- New Banner in the Works -

Still Johnny Fish

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”