Guides and AMVapp Public Alpha/Beta Test

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
7sigma
Org Profile

Post by 7sigma » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:32 am

Greetings. I've found a broken link in
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... intro.html

If you click on "Compressing video to DivX-5 compatible Xvid" the link points out to a hard drive on AD's PC. :lol:

Strangely enough, if you follow the Index the link works just fine.
When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers - Oscar Wilde

7sigma
Org Profile

Post by 7sigma » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:37 am

On a completely unrelated note, I've followed the Beta Guide on making my new AMV, but Premiere refuses to export it, either exporting a completely different scene from my .avs that wasn't even in my Work Area, or exporting just a small bit of my video.

I thought it was my slowed clips, but I've removed anything under 40% speed and the thing is still crashing. This is annoying. Any ideas of what is going wrong?

(Anyway, the revision is great. The new stuff on cleaning up your footage is amazing... never thought my AMV would end up looking better than the DVD from wich I've ripped it :lol: )
When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers - Oscar Wilde

billy_wires
Org Profile

Post by billy_wires » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:07 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the links to the names at the top aren't working. They may be broken, or it may be due to recently installed internet protection on my computer (althougth in Firefox it mentions port 80, which I currently have no protection on). The links lead to:
Ermac:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... ser_id=535
AbsoluteDestiny:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... er_id=8760

Perhaps they lead to the member profile, or maybe to a section not quite there yet? Either way, they don't work for me.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:14 am

That's how the links to member profiles USED to look.

Methinks the "legacy" should be replaced with "members" in both those URLs.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Manganate
Org Profile

might be just me

Post by Manganate » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:22 pm

I'm in the process of testing this on other systems just to make sure it's not just my computer going insane.

But does the most current version of AMVapp (amvapp-20-RC6.exe) cause anyone's computer to come up with explorer.exe application errors? Such that windows practically crashes on startup and no programs/folders are even accessible?

It appears as an unreadable memory error but really has nothing to do with ram.

Additionally deleting the user under which AMVapp was installed fixes the problem altogether.

I may be following a trail to a dead-end here but I thought it might be useful to bring to someone's attention.
Imperturbable is my depth, and it sparkles with swimming riddles and laughter - Nietzsche

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:21 am

I've not heard any problems like this one. A problem with loading avisynth scripts, yes but not a general error.

However there are reports of xvid causing problems with people who have windows media player previews enabled on their desktop.

Manganate
Org Profile

Post by Manganate » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:41 am

Okay, I tested it on a different system and the app runs fine so it's definitely a personal computer issue.

Furthermore I also tested it to see if it was indeed AMVapp causing the problem and after several installations and restarts the culprit is pretty clearly AMVapp.

That said, which programs would most likely cause instability? I'm going through the installer again to see if leaving out certain packs like ffdshow or virtualdubmod would fix the error.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Imperturbable is my depth, and it sparkles with swimming riddles and laughter - Nietzsche

Skynet
Org Profile

Post by Skynet » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:03 am

Hi, sorry for my bad english, i search the script "beforeafter" where i can find it?
thanks

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:42 pm

Caught one minor thing on http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... tqual.html :
Good if you want to avoid that washed out that many smoothers can give.
Shouldn't that be "that washed out <i>look</i> that..."?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Imaginos
Org Profile

Post by Imaginos » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:04 pm

Just a quick FYI -- I upgraded XP to service pack 2, and installed the current beta It seems to be working prefectly. Just in case anyone is worried about the upgrade

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”