How to Resume Downloads - and other d/l info

cammyii
Org Profile

Re: re:

Post by cammyii » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:14 pm

Tictwo wrote:I'm using FlashGet with IE and it won't download "local downloads" automatically, and it also will not work if I drag the ten-second link into the drop zone. When I do the latter, it downloads the link/download page and not the file.

Can someone please help me? =3
Same here..I got that problem as well...is it possible to put up on the webpage the actual URL of the file, because Flashget does allow downloading it if the URL is provided....

fyrtenheimer
Org Profile

Post by fyrtenheimer » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:54 pm

they leave it that way for a reason ( so people can't use accelerated dl programs i think).
this thread gives you other options, maybe you missed it. Use Opera.

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:20 am

just dont set opera to clear cache on exit. opera has never failed me on a dl other than that reason

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:57 pm

cammyii wrote:
Tictwo wrote:I'm using FlashGet with IE and it won't download "local downloads" automatically, and it also will not work if I drag the ten-second link into the drop zone. When I do the latter, it downloads the link/download page and not the file.

Same here..I got that problem as well...is it possible to put up on the webpage the actual URL of the file, because Flashget does allow downloading it if the URL is provided....

Wait another minute after the 10-secs link appeared, and then you can drop-zone it.

cammyii
Org Profile

Post by cammyii » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:19 am

Eek-1 wrote:
cammyii wrote:

Wait another minute after the 10-secs link appeared, and then you can drop-zone it.

It still doesn't work... :S

anon53
Org Profile

Firefox seems worthless

Post by anon53 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:12 pm

Today, ive wasted almost 8 hours on Firefox.

My first attempt, i pushed pause, and d/c.

upon returning i clicked resumed and the download box disappears and gave me only 50% of the file that i did download and called it done.

second try my internet provider dc me at 96%.
i reconnected and hit retry and ended up downloading all over from the start.

It neither resumed successfully or saved what it.

First post in the forums and it had to be a complaint... *sighs*

anon53
Org Profile

Post by anon53 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:17 pm

I just downloaded Opera.

Why is it everytime i say stop/pause download and then resume, it stops completely like firefox did and give me a 90kb file!?

Nekoboy Sal
AD Copycat
Org Profile

Post by Nekoboy Sal » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:19 pm

I would try changing your cache size. Maybe when your cache gets full it poops out. I used IE for a long time so I set my cache size to about 500MB. Insane? Yes, but that mean I can visit 30 or so sites ofline rather than reconecting :D
No, I'm not dead...
I've just moved to Politicaly Corect "Republic of Ireland".

JingerSpice2000
Org Profile

how to use getright & opera

Post by JingerSpice2000 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:09 am

I just downloaded Opera and I like it so far but there are some files I want to download with Getright. And even pressing Cnrtl + Alt it still doesn't come up and you can't even right click and start the getright download from that menu. Are they even compliant to one another?
Also with Opera I was downloading like 4 downoads and had about 4-6 pages open and now when I have any drop down menus most of it is blacked out until I move my mouse over it! HOw come this is?! I even closed Opera completely and it is still doing it and now it is like that when I am just cruzing around my computer! How can I fix this!? I'm sure it might go away when I restart but that is such a pain!
Help!

Thanks

JingerSpice2000

Pelias
Org Profile

Post by Pelias » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:05 pm

Ok, so what about using DL accelerators?
I'm currently dling with fireFox, at facinating 3 kb/s and absolutly no guarantee that it'll download correct file(and if to think about it, I'll have to NOT browse internet in next 3 days, because browsing might cause FF crash, which cause DL cancellation).
This suck.
So I kindly ask, is using dl accelerators really ABSOLUTE no no, and if not, can you give me any hints how to use them (curently your 1337 serwer sends "resuming not supported" and close the connection).

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”