Hellsing: Order 13.

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
cilu
Org Profile

hh

Post by cilu » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:53 pm

Well i just finished watching hellsing. My impression was at first, this show rocks, but i cooled down a little later on. There are still some things i don't understand so please someone could explain them to me... First, what were those symbols on alucard's gloves. Did someone notice that it was the same symbol as the on that was on the door where alucard was held captive?
What's with the paladin's appearance in the last episode???
What was with those chips??? I didn't quite understood that...
Did anyone notice that they changed cartoonists about episode 7 or 8 , the one where integra is bitten by that bitch?
Why in the begginig they show us that big hound with lots of eyes that's holding a cross in the mouth because that doesn'y appear in the show at all (oh, only in the last episode when it runs into a bell or something).
What was the paladin? Did he rally killed himself and became iortal? And he promised alucard that they were going to square of again after he got better or smt like that..... Waiting for your opinions...
Kill all the spiders...and save the butterflies...
It's rational until you realize that by striving for it, you become a spider yourself... (Knives)

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Org Profile

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:49 pm

another necropost...but i can answer the question about the stars on alucards hands, the door of his prison and the symbol covering london in the last episode:

it is a seal to keep alucards powers under control, he releases it and gets to use cool powers by saying that whole "releasing the seal to level 3..." or whatever bit

siubo11A
Org Profile

Post by siubo11A » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:33 am

hmm... i believe it was volume five where alucard remembers something about his past as Dracula...

and although i must admit that the hellsing anime was a bit disappointing, (i still liked it) the art and character looked really nice. i found the manga much more amusing but i didnt like the character design as much... too many stray marks so it didnt look as clean.

templest
Org Profile

Post by templest » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:11 pm

Kinda bringing up an old dead topic. I'm just some random person looking more into the incredbly open ending left on the Anime, I just wanted to point out some things I noticed from what people where talking about, of the glove, and why he's not dead, and the whole control thing.

If you notice, when Integra is on the operating table, remembering her first incounter with Arucard, you see right as she's standing infront of the door leading into the cell where he was, there's a certain symbol painted in blood on the door. Which, coincidentally, is the same symbol painted on his left glove. He certainly has pretty insane powers, and it wouldn't be that hard for him to rip a straight-jacket open (like he eventually did), and it certainly isn't that hard for him to bust down a wooden door. So why couldn't he just escape? He also seemed quite arrogant with the girl until he was convinced that he was the decendant of "her father". In which case, he essentially becomes whipped. He could wear anything, but why does he wear that particular symbol on the glove, which incidentally is the same symbol that kept him locked inside that room? And after he asks for permission to use a higher power-level, if you notice, once the transgression to a higher-level starts, that symbol begins glowing red.

The devil's in the details; no pun intended. Either that, or I'm maybe trying to hard. :?

ninja007
Org Profile

Post by ninja007 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:41 pm

the reason why he couldn't break out before was mainly because he didnt have any blood to drink to give him his power.
ninja007

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:44 pm

The symbols on the door and on his gloves are seals that contain his power.

ninja007
Org Profile

Post by ninja007 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:30 am

whats the final song in hellsing? it goes: "the flowers are flowing, the moon is shining" its off topic, but i just og the osts, and i dont think its here
ninja007

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:37 am

ninja007 wrote:whats the final song in hellsing? it goes: "the flowers are flowing, the moon is shining" its off topic, but i just og the osts, and i dont think its here
This was a rather pointless necropost, so I split your first post here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=46561

Pyle
Org Profile

Post by Pyle » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:25 pm

A point that was happening on the second page, why does everyone call him Alucard? His name is ARUCARD. They even made a press release saying that :?

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:04 pm

Pyle wrote: His name is ARUCARD. They even made a press release saying that :?
That press release is obviously wrong. In Japanese the L and R have almost exactly the same sound, and could basically be translated either way. Whoever decided to go with the R, missed something. Spell the name backwards.

Alucard = Dracula :shock:

Arucard = Dracura :shock: :shock:

If I remember correctly, Alucard was also a literary character.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”