Info?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Masami
Org Profile

Info?

Post by Masami » Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:58 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and new to AMVs (making them). I really know nothing about how to make one (other than the obvious putting footage to music). I think I could figure it out if I had the footage. So that's my major question, where do you get it? I don't have a DVD rom, so I can't copy from there. And anything else you think I need to know about the process would be nice. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Thanks.
I wanna be a lion

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sun Jul 07, 2002 12:07 am

You should post this in the Video Help section but I'll let it slide for now. Just don't do it again :twisted:

Find out how to make them and what you should do by reading all of these.

Masami
Org Profile

Post by Masami » Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:57 pm

Thanks! That site helped a lot. Another question is, where are places to DL the anime online? I'm having trouble finding unsubbed anime.
I wanna be a lion

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:03 pm

The link I gave you was the link to this site's guide section.

But the question that you asked abotu where to DL anime.
Is basically found oN KaZaA although your footage will not be good and it won't be best quality.
You should read the Capture guide and see how we do it.
It's not as hard as you may think.

Masami
Org Profile

Post by Masami » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:26 pm

I know that was this site's guide. Sorry about my incorrect wording, I should have said "that link really helped." I did read the capture guide. As I said before, I don't have a DVD rom. I also don't have a DVD player or VCR anywhere near my computer. So my only real option is to find anime online.
I wanna be a lion

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:20 am

Just telling you this. It is not a flame in any way.

Downloaded footage is looked down upon by alot of people (I personally don't care) and most users don't like the forums being used for information on pirated anime.
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

Masami
Org Profile

Post by Masami » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:22 am

Never once did I mention wanting to get anime for free...
I wanna be a lion

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:55 am

DVD-ROM drives are cheap nowadays, you can get one for about $40 from places like <A HREF=http://www.newegg.com>newegg.com</A>

Alternately, you can probably get a decent capture card for abour $100 - but I don't know much about those, personally.

candre23
Org Profile

Post by candre23 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:49 pm

If you're serious about making AMVs, you'll have to get a DVD-ROM, capture card, or both. Even if you were able to fine the episodes you wanted online, the chances are very good that they'd be subtitled, and you'd have to crop the picture or limit yourself to scenes with no visible subs. Even if you found a dubbed file, the chances are even better that it will be poor quality (because nobody would bother to do a HQ rip of a dub). The file you got would most likely be in DiVX or RM format, so you'd loose even more quality when you converted the fileto MPEG 1 or 2 for editing, and even more when you compressed the final AMV for distrobution. It's a hassel and it's not worth it.

Spend the $50 on a DVD-ROM and rent or borrow the DVDs if you don't have any money left over. You'll be glad you did.
<A HREF="http://chip.andre.50megs.com">Personal Home Page</A> - <A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/members/mem ... 1">a-m-v.org Profile</A>
---
<I>"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."</I>

Masami
Org Profile

Post by Masami » Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:28 pm

Thanks for the info! I've been wanting to get a DVDrom and now I have more reason. Time to start saving. 8)
I wanna be a lion

Return to “General AMV”