CSUN Anime AMV contest.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:27 am

Great, time to convert some stuff to MPG!

^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

anneke
Org Profile

Lucky

Post by anneke » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:05 pm

This contest sounds sooooo good. It's local to Southern California people, and should be much better then AX's and Ani-Magic's AMV contests.

Anneke

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:19 pm

Ikasu wrote:You can send something not so recent....video's don't have to be brand spanking new vlad...=P
Yea, I realize that. I just don't want to send videos I've shown in 2 or 3 contests again or which have won awards since too many people seem to get upset at this (refered to as trolling)... Wish I could make more videos though....

Vlad

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:49 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Ikasu wrote:You can send something not so recent....video's don't have to be brand spanking new vlad...=P
Yea, I realize that. I just don't want to send videos I've shown in 2 or 3 contests again or which have won awards since too many people seem to get upset at this (refered to as trolling)... Wish I could make more videos though....

Vlad
That and I wouldn't have to enter anymore cause I'd be chanceless :p
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:51 pm

Vegeta for president wrote:That and I wouldn't have to enter anymore cause I'd be chanceless :p
Naa, I would say that... I always figure I don't stand a chance in most contests when I see what people have done....

Vlad

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:39 pm

I wouldn't really call it trolling if you send a video that you haven't sent to any con in california....We just want as many submissions as we can get....We want this to be a successful contest and without submissions that would be impossible....

Ohhh yea...Vlad...Don't you have a Matrox RT 2500?...If so are you restricted to capturing in 720 by 480 resolution?...Or can you capture in 640 by 480, 320 by 240 resolution as well?...

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:58 pm

Sounds interesting!! ^_^ I would like to enter.
*Sends Email*
ImageImage

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:50 am

Ikasu wrote:I wouldn't really call it trolling if you send a video that you haven't sent to any con in california....We just want as many submissions as we can get....We want this to be a successful contest and without submissions that would be impossible....

Ohhh yea...Vlad...Don't you have a Matrox RT 2500?...If so are you restricted to capturing in 720 by 480 resolution?...Or can you capture in 640 by 480, 320 by 240 resolution as well?...
I'll see what I can do... Yes, the MAtrox captures on 720 x 480 since it's native DV (Same with the DV500). I do also have a DC50 which I can capture all of the above. Why bother capturing in the other resolutiona anyway? If I really want I can render it out to a smaller size....

Vlad

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:42 am

Hmmm...I made a video in 720 by 480 resolution then exported...with the pinnacle avi settings....took that avi and encoded it to 320 by 240 and the video looked a little jacked...how would I go about getting the video to look good vlad?....I just want to know so I can actually create good lucking stuff.....lol...Sorry about asking....but I don't know if I should use virtual dub or something to resize or not...

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:55 am

Ikasu wrote:Hmmm...I made a video in 720 by 480 resolution then exported...with the pinnacle avi settings....took that avi and encoded it to 320 by 240 and the video looked a little jacked...how would I go about getting the video to look good vlad?....I just want to know so I can actually create good lucking stuff.....lol...Sorry about asking....but I don't know if I should use virtual dub or something to resize or not...
I export my video from Premiere in 720 x 480 and then use TMPGenc to encode it into Mpeg1 (or Mpeg2 if required)... Why else reduce to that size? I would assume for web distribution right?

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”